Chapter 55 - a motherly and brothetly moment

A/N: this chapter features reflection from the Disney movie Mulan. Hopefully you understand. Also it's boy version since Sonics a boy.

A few minutes after waking up from his 3 hours nap. He went back to the beach. He was even more down than ever. He's afraid of losing other people he cared about. But he sees he's afraid of what will happen next. He felt like nothing matter to him. Hero or prince he knows where he belongs and it's not the village or the island he's currently at. He can never escape the fact he's a prince. Although he can be afraid of he will never be the hero like he use to be. He then started to sing with tears in his eyes.

Song begins;

Sonic: Look at me, (looking at his reflection sadly) I will never pass for a perfect son... (looking at his parents near by) ...Or a perfect brother. (Looking at his siblings) Can it be, I'm not meant to play this part? (Thinking he's not worthy of being a hero.) Now I see that if I were truly to be myself, I will break my family's heart. (Afraid of letting his family down as much as letting people who counted on him down if he tried to mess up while walking across the beach to the inn)  Who is that boy I see, Staring straightly back at me? (Looking at his reflection in the water and denying this is him.) Why is my reflection someone I don't know? (Wondering why he can't see that hedgehog was him as he entered the inn.) Somehow I cannot hide who I am though I've tried. (Walked to the lobby to a mirror on the right side of the wall. As he puts on his black and blue jacket) When will my reflection show who I am inside? (Looking at himself on his knees while putting on his black and blue mask as he places his crown on) *gasped* (looking at his reflection as he goes from the prince he hides, from the nightopia warrior to himself before looking at his current reflection before looking down.) When will my reflection show who I am inside? (In tears while looking at the floor)

Song ends:

The blue hedgehog couldn't help but feel down. He felt like he let everyone down. That's when his mother  'Queen Aleena' entered with Manic. Queen Aleena turn to her youngest son as she sat down next him on her knees. She then said with sympathy, "Sonic. Honey. You shouldn't feel so down. We all haft to make tough decisions in our lives. Besides despite being royalty and all. We keep acting like a normal family so there's no crime about that." Sonic sniffed and said, "That is true Mom. But I can't help but feel so heart broken." Aleena then said as she hugged her youngest child, "It's hard I know. There will be heartache in the future. But there will be hope rising up. Okay?" Sonic wiped his tears and nodded. Aleena smiled and said as she stood up and pat Sonic on the shoulder, "Thats my fast little boy. Now I better get going. Your father needs me." She walked off leaving the brothers alone. Manic sat down next to Sonic and said, "You still down?" Sonic sighed and replied to his big brother, "A little. Don't take this the wrong way but I always thought you were ashamed of me cause..." he trailed off. That's when Manic chuckled and said as Sonic turn to him, "Sonic The Hedgehog. I am never ashamed of you. I bragged about you to more than one person. Some of the kids I bragged to are jealous of me cause I have a fast little brother and they don't. Heheh. I know despite having a little sister, I also know I have been gifted with a little brother that can run fast." Sonic was silent for a moment before he said, "Ya know despite a certain former flaw of yours Manic..." Sonic smiled and said, "...Your cool and edgy personality has always been a great influence on me." Manic chuckled playfully and said, "Hey no one can influence my baby brother than Manic The Hedgehog." Both brothers playfully tackled each other while laughing. That's when both brothers stood up as Sonic sighed and said, "Listen Manic. I dunno when I'm ready to kill Eggman but way before that time can come. I had one wish." Manic asked as he crossed his arms, "And what's that?" Sonic hugged him and said, "That I have a chance to spend time with you, Sonia, Rika, Grey-Sky, and your two friends all over again like we did when we were little kids. And I got my wish... But I wanna spend these days a lot longer before that time comes and during my days fighting for nightopia by night and battling Eggman by day. I missed hanging out with you and the others big bro. Hangin out with my so called team isn't the same." Manic smiled and hugged back and said, "I missed you hanging out with us too baby bro." Both shared a brotherly hug for 10 seconds before their moment was cut short when Shawn burst into the room. Both brothers look to see him as Shawn said with his usual edgy tone, "Hate to break your royal brotherly moment but Eggman is attacking the village again. Ain't you goin to fight with your team?" Sonic with a stern look said to Shawn, "After what Amy did to Alya? No. I wouldn't talk to her for a week for what she did." Manic then thought for a moment before he had an idea of his own. Manic then walk to his brother and said, "How about I fight Bald-headed windbag with you for old times sake. Maybe Sonia can come too." Sonic thought before he said, "Sounds like a good idea." Thats when Boomer said, "How about that trick you guys used? I upgraded the communicators last week so you guys can use the old identical twin trick." Sonic looked at them before he turn to Boomer and said with an happy expression but with a surprise tone, "Oh so that's why you wanted to borrow my communicator." Boomer replied with confidence, "Exactly. I also did the same to Sonia's just in case." Both Sonic and Manic smirked and nodded. Sonic asked, "For old time sake?" Manic nodded and replied, "For old times sake." Thats when the brothers raced to the village as Sonia yelled and runs to catch up with them, "HEY YOU TWO WAIT UP!! DON'T BATTLE EGGMAN WITHOUT ME!! HEY BIG BROTHER!! LITTLE BROTHER!! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME!?! WAIT FOR ME!!!"