Chapter 44 - Shawn and Fiona

Shawn turn to the hedgehog siblings and said to them, "Ya wanna know how we came together? Well it all started on my usual alone time at night. It was about a few days after that court incident you had and my Dad realized Eggman murdered my mother when he made the church collapsed."

Sonic asked as he interrupted, "First things first. How did you get back here anyway Fiona?"

Fiona replied, "Scourge somehow created the portal and we came back here. He never ever told me how. Though our days with each other didn't last long. He and I had an argument about how self-centered he is and how great he is without me. When I had enough of his garbage talk, I dumped him and ran off crying. That was the night Shawn found me." Sonic then said, "I see."

Fiona sighed and then said with sympathy, "Look I'm really sorry..." Sonic replied, "No I'm sorry . It was all my fault you were bad from the beginning. I shouldn't abandoned you. Still I... I feel responsible for what happened to her."

Fiona said, "Shawn already told me about your other battle. But I do forgive you Sonic. But it wasn't entirely your fault."

Sonic smiled a little but then frowned as he said, "Alright Shawn go on."

Shawn sighed and muttered, "Finally..." he then said, "My usual alone time was in the same old woods and that's where I found her when I heard crying."

<flashback>

Shawn heard crying from the other side of the path and went to the source of the crying. There he saw Fiona as he muttered with a usual grouchy face, "Ugh it's that freedom-fighting traitor."

He rolled his eyes before he stepped on a stick which caused her attention. Fiona immediately sees him and glared. Shawn muttered, "Ugh. Great..." Fiona attempted to attack but Shawn pushed her away.

Fiona then asked, "And what do you think you're doing here?" Shawn was about to reply with his usual dark expression but Fiona interrupted, "Wait a minute. You're one of Manics buddies aren't you?"

Shawn said with a disgust, hatred, sarcastic, and grouchy tone, "Oh this a great thanks for checking on someone who is crying." Fiona then said, "Thanks?"

Shawn scowled at her and asked, "Why the heck were you crying? Is this an act just so your boy toy would beat me up? Can't beat someone who's broken."

Fiona then said, "Hey I dumped him for your info and another..." She trailed off before she asked with confusion, "What did you just say?"

Shawn said with his usual cold tone, "Ha! Like someone as cold hearted as you cares." Fiona then said, "It's not like you have been abandoned and a victim to Eggman."

Shawn shouted as he got provoked by her saying 'Eggman', "DON'T EVER MENTION THAT MURDERER!! HE WAS THE CAUSE OF MY SUFFERING!!"

Fiona was shocked to hear what he just said. She asked, "Suffering? What do you..."

Shawn ran off angrily as Fiona shouted, "WAIT!!" She didn't even know what he mean by 'his suffering.'

Thats when Fiona had a thought as she sat down, "This guy suffered something involving Eggman. Yet he still works with the good guys. This really makes me regret betraying Sonic. If he could be cold yet still be a good guy. Should I...? Maybe I should just go back to being good completely and this time I won't mess things up. Still I haft to know this guy a little bit."