Chapter 51 - The hidden temple of the other side of the beach

The sun began to set while the beach was empty. Sonic turn into his nightopia warrior form as
Grey-Sky said, "Alright I gotta map from old lady Vandersnout. This may help us find the sea side temple." Sonic told Grey-Sky as they follow the map, "Oh how I miss green hills back at Mobius." Grey-Sky replied, "You probably will see it again when we get back." Sonic looked at the map and saw a temple that on it. Grey-Sky looked around the beach and said, "Don't see anything." The other side of the beach was larger than the beach near Sonics old beach shack is. Sonic looked around as well as he said, "Hmmm. Maybe it's hidden." Thats when Sonic stepped on something and the two of them heard rumbling on the ground. They see a temple was rising from the sand. Sonic asked, "How many temples does this island have anyway?" Grey-Sky shrugged and said, "Ehh I don't know. Though my dad has been in more temples than any of the pack including me." The temple risen completely. The temple was a navy blue and it had waves carved on it. Grey-Sky turn to Sonic and said, "Well this is unexpected." Sonic replied, "Agree. Hmm... best if you stay here." Grey-Sky protested, "No way dude we are going together. Couldn't you at least dualize?" Sonic turn to him and said just after he thought for a moment, "I did it with my siblings so it won't be any different with you." Sonic then held up his hand as Grey-Sky did the same. Then Grey-Sky dualized with Sonic. Grey-Sky said just after they dualized, "Let's get going before someone sees you." Sonic replied as he leaned on the wall, "Yeah but how are we going to get in??" Thats when Sonic placed his hand on the carving of a fish as he pushed it. He then sees the entrance of the temple was opening. Sonic chuckled before he said, "Let's do this." Sonic then added, "Wizelight said there might be 5 wisdom riddles I might solve before the nightmaren." With that said the two entered while the sun gone down.

<the first riddle>

Sonic and Grey-Sky walked to a stone guardian (that was similar to the ones at the blackout incident). The stone guardian said, "Noble travelers. To pass this entrance you must answer a riddle with wisdom." Sonic said with no hesitation, "I accept." The stone guardian then gave the riddle, "it gives people an ability to face such danger." Grey-Sky said, "Is it bravery?" Thats when arrows started flying back and forth towards the two. Sonic and Grey-Sky flew and dodged every arrow as their ideya of courage glowed. It hit Sonic when he finally have the answer to the riddle. The last of the arrows flew to Sonic and
Grey-Sky but the two of them dodged it in time. Sonic and Grey-Sky landed on the ground and Sonic said as his purple ideya of wisdom glowed, "I know the answer to this humble riddle for it is courage which gives one the ability to face danger which people have deep down inside their hearts." The stone guardian said with satisfaction, "courage. That is correct." The stone guardian fainted. Sonic and Grey-Sky flew to the next room. Grey-Sky said to him, "Nice. Spoken like a true prince." Sonic replied with a chuckle, "Cut it out."

<the second riddle>

They walked in the next room as a stone guardian said, "Noble travelers. Here is your next riddle. What keeps the darkness deep with in the person at bay and is also something bright that an evil person doesn't." Sonic and Grey-Sky didn't have time to think when the wall started to close in on them. Sonic looked around and said, "Oh man Grey I'm sorry I got you mixed up in this." Grey-Sky reply with a smile, "Look Sonic. It's alright. Your a great friend and I always know you have the purest heart." Something clicked in Sonics mind as Grey-Sky said 'purest'. Sonic then said, "Thats it. Good thinking Grey-Sky." Then Sonic softly said as his ideya of wisdom glowed, "What an evil person doesn't have is what good people have deep inside. A pure heart. White as snow and bright as the suns light. It is known as Purity." The stone guardian said as the walls stopped moving, "Purity is the correct answer. Proceed." The stone guardian faded like the last one. Sonic told Grey-Sky, "Thanks Grey-Sky you really saved our butts." Grey-Sky replied, "Ahh it's nothing." The two flew to the next room.

<the third riddle>

When they entered the next room another stone guardian said, "Noble travelers. Here is thy next riddle; another word for smart. It gives one to seek to apply knowledge and skills." Grey-Sky said as horrible fumes appeared in the room, "Man if Tails was involved he would be able to solve it. But if Boomer was here he could help us." Sonic replied as he thinks of Tails and Boomer, "Well they have one thing in common... intelligence." Sonic once again said with his ideya of wisdom glowing, "Intelligence is the source of our knowledge and as well as skills that we may earn from every intelligent step we take." The stone guardian said as the fumes disappeared, "Correct. You may pass." The stone guardian faded away. Sonic and Grey-Sky flew to the next room.

<The Fourth Riddle>

As they entered another stone guardian said, "Noble travelers. Your next riddle: What is the source of us when turn from small to big? Like a plant on the ground." Sonic and Grey-Sky thought for a moment before they both had the same idea. Then Sonic said with his ideya of wisdom glowing, "Like a plant going from a little seed to a plant of its choice, we grow up big and strong. The source of what makes us big and strong is growth." The stone guardian said as he faded, "Growth is the correct answer. You may pass." Sonic and Grey-Sky laughed happily. Grey-Sky said, "Awesome. Ya know if I wasn't dualized with you I high five you right now." Sonic shrugged before going to the room with the last riddle.

<The Last Riddle>

The both of them entered before the last Stone Guardian said, "Noble travelers. Here is the last riddle: we gain the feeling of trust but what is it that is the feeling of trust?" Thats when multiple stone guardians surrounded them. Grey-Sky sighed and said, "I hope we get out of here alive." Sonic smiled before he said as his ideya of wisdom glowed brighter, "Hope is like a ray of light. We hold onto it as hope is the feeling of trust." The stone guardian then said, "Hope. Correct." The other stone guardians disappeared as the stone guardian said, "Nicely done getting this far. But I may warn thee. The enemy you seek is bigger than thee. Raise thy courage to defeat the evil." Sonic replied to it as the stone guardian faded, "Thank you. We will." Sonic and Grey-Sky entered the room where the nightmaren is at.

<The seaside temple's last room>

To their surprise. The temple's last room was like a view of a beach but it was larger. They were on some sort of bridge with another passage to the beach style floor. Grey-Sky said, "Whoa. This is kind of similar to the aqua garden but it's more plain and a little darker." Sonic then said as he flew to the beach, "Well no use standing here. I can feel the nightmaren near by. But where?" Sonic was near the ground as Grey-Sky's wolf instincts kicked in. The blue hedgehog asked, "What's wrong???" Grey-Sky replied, "I sense something is inside the water." He pointed it as Sonic did the same. The blue hedgehog then notice something moving inside the water. Then all of a sudden. They see the nightmaren come out of the water. It symbolizes an electric eel but it had dark purple and a few kinds of blue scales. It also is surrounded by dark purple lightning. That's when the cobalt hedgehog drew his sword out and is ready to attack.