Chapter 35 - Knuckles needs to do

A few minutes later:

Knuckles was at Mikes house once again while he paste the floor over and over while muttering.

Knuckled asked himself, "Ooohhhh. What am I going to do? If I don't do something I'll lose him to that girl. As if Amy wasn't bad enough."

J.J. Chimed in, "Knuckles. Look no pressure or anything but you gotta stop stressing. Amy was one thing but Alya is another."

Knuckles asked, "Any difference in that?" Mike then said as he sipped his tea, "J.J. has a point my friend. It was easy how you won Sonics attention whenever Any messes up her time with him but Alya... She might be a little harder than Amy."

Knuckles said, "What does he even see in her? She is obviously not like Amy. She's girly but she's more daring."

J.J. asked, "Have you tried showing off how daring you can be?" Knuckles replied, "Yeah. I tried but he..." Denise then said, "What big brother is trying to say is. Haven't you done anything to impress Sonic?"

Knuckles scratched the back of his head and said, "Ya know now that you mention it. When I do something funny or clumsy during battles we had against Eggman or anything else. he would always giggle at me as if I was cute."

Mike looked at his foster kids as they did the same. The three looked at Knuckles as Mike said, "Well that's one thing you have done. I mean he is impressed that you made him laugh."

Denise asked, "Have ya compliment him without giving it away?"

Knuckles sat down and said, "Yeah I have. Though I was too shy. I mean this one time after I stopped working two jobs, I complimented him about how much of a great and super speeding hedgehog he is."

Mike and J.J. smiled in satisfaction as Denise asked, "But have you figured out why he's sad yet?"

Knuckles replied with a shrug, "Still nothing. But I know it's not just his friend of Eggman making him look like a fool. It must be something else. You think he's in another war?"

J.J. shrugged and said, "Dunno. It's natural sometimes for a prince to go to war especially the youngest prince of mobius."

Knuckles and thought, "Oh that's right. Sonics the youngest son of Queen Aleena and King Savior. I'm surprised nobody else knew about it. Oh man..."

he then said with concern, "Sticks would scream her head off in bloody murder if she knew Sonic is a prince."

Denise then said, "Ya know speaking of Sonics friend. I got a bit of info. I spoke to that hippie frog about it and all he said Sonics old friend was female."

Knuckles asked in confusion, "Female? Do you mean his old friend was Alya?" J.J. replied with a stern look, "Doubt it. They met just after Sonic move to the inn with his brother and sister." Mike then gave him advice as he said, "Why don't you try making him laugh again. He may cheer up."

Knuckles sighed and said with a smile, "Your right. I seen him smile when he laughed so I'll do it again."

He then ran off as the three looked out. J.J. asked, "Say Dad do you want any lemonade before I head off for boxing class?" Mike replied, "I would be delighted son."