Chapter 54 - Knuckles and Alternate Knuckles

Knuckles was at the beach shack thinking of the times they had. Although since Sonic feels down deeply, things had changed. Amy was right about one thing though. Sonic hasn't had much time with him and the team at all. Not like he use to. Team Sonic isn't actually a team without Sonic being a leader. But one thing is for sure. Knuckles can only talk to Sonic if he's alone. Knuckles then growled in frustration and said, "What could be the matter with my blue Angel?!?! Sonic hasn't been himself since that dreamcaster incident. No one in the team but me has noticed it. What am I gonna do?! Tails won't help me. Manic or Sonia just turn me away or won't answer me when I bring it up. His own parents don't know what I'm talking about. His two childhood friends refuse to help me. I love him so much and I won't stop until I know what's wrong." Thats when a voice said to him, "So your Sonic is deeply down as well?" Knuckles looks to his left to see the
alternate-Knuckles from the other dimension. Knuckles asked, "huh? You? But how did you...?" Alternate-Knuckles replied, "Long story. But I can't help but notice or heard your Sonic is upset about something as well." Knuckles asked, "Yours too?? My Sonic has been upset lately." Alternate-Knuckles raised his hand and said, "I understand your situation. My Sonic hasn't been any different. But I developed feelings for him. You developed your feelings for your Sonic as well?" Knuckles sighs and said as he look down, "Your correct about that. All I know is that his old friend is in a deep sleep. Whoever this girl is must be important in Sonics life." Alternate-Knuckles replied with a determined look, "Same with mine but his old friend is a male. But there might be more than that on both Sonics. Turns out the clumsy Sonic I know was just a proper, well-mannered and slightly secretive wealthy musician." Knuckles raised a brow before he said with shrug, "Well my Sonic is secretly a prince." Alternate-Knuckles rubbed his chin and said, "A prince you say. I'll tell you what. You and I can work together to see what is wrong with with our Sonics. But we haft to be in our proper worlds for that. Do you have a device to keep track of both of us?" Thats when Knuckles recalled something. He reached from behind and pulled out a large piece of a green gem. He then said, "The pieces of the master emerald that I kept might help us. It may keep us in contact. I may have changed but it doesn't mean I forgotten who I once was." alternate-Knuckles asked in a questioned tone as he raised a brow, "And who were you once??" Knuckles sighed and answered, "I'll tell you that later. This piece of the master emerald will keep track luckily I have a second piece. Question is how are you goin to get back?" Alternate-Knuckles replied as he walked off just after grabbing the piece of the green gem, "The same way I came here. Through the portal." A portal opened as he walked in. The portal closed and left Knuckles with a questioned face.