Guard Dogs

You wake up the next morning as Yoongi gets out of bed. You yawn and stretch then tuck the blanket around your chin. Last night after you came in from talking with Tae, Yoongi had commandeered you and the room upstairs. The two of you just stayed up late talking.

You talked about everything, like you used to when it was just the two of you. Your insecurities about being a hybrid, Yoongi's current projects, what future you saw together with Namjoon, Hoseok and Jungkook, your new inspiration for painting. The two of you talked until you were slurring your words and laughing incoherently. It felt good.

"Yoongi, come back to bed!" You watch him with one eye closed.

"Can't, kitty cat! I have a zoom call with a client. But you should sleep in," He kisses your forehead and leaves the room. You start to fall back asleep when the door opens again.

"Aigoo! Look at this cute kitten!" Hoseok climbs on top of you, scenting the top of your head. You huff at the intrusion. He kisses your forehead three times in rapid succession, then gets off. You hear him and Jungkook whispering as they pull stuff out of the closet.

"Why are you guys awake?" You grumble, turning in bed to face them.

"I work, silly goose!" Hoseok pulls on his shirt and re-situates his tail in back.

"And I'm going to hang out for the day. I have a dance class in the afternoon and Hobi's going to teach me some stuff in his down time during the day."

You groan and sit up straight, "Is Namjoon still sleeping?"

"Should be, he didn't seem to be in a hurry to wake up." Hoseok ruffles your hair and you pout at him. You stretch as you stand up.

"I'm off to cuddle with a puppy then!" You stumble your way downstairs and into your bedroom. Namjoon is still in bed so you crawl in right beside him.

"Hmm, smells like my kitty!" He hums, not opening his eyes. You purr as you nuzzle into his warmth and fall back asleep.

"Yah! You lazy bones!" You jump at the sound of someone yelling at you, so does Namjoon beside you, "Time to wake up, I made you guys some breakfast!" You both blink at the figure in the doorway. Jin comes into focus and you suddenly have an immense desire to be held by him.

"Jin, come snuggle for five minutes!" You plead. He crosses his arms stubbornly.

"No, your food is getting cold, get out of bed," He says firmly, not moving an inch.

"Why are you so mean to me?" You whine. Namjoon gets up from the bed, slapping your ass.

"Come on, kitty cat! I bet it tastes delicious!" He gives Jin a suggestive look as he leaves the room. Jin's flustered, which makes him even more annoying. He grabs your ankles and you squeal as he yanks you to the edge of the bed. He tugs you to your feet and leads you to the table.

After breakfast, despite all your efforts to convince them that cuddling is the best thing in the world and they should do it all day, the three of you go on a walk. You pull up the hood of Jungkook's hoodie over your head before taking Jin's hand in one of yours and Namjoon's in the other.

You go to your usual park, the one by Yoon's Café. The line is exceptionally long at the café, so you decide to get something on your way home.

Namjoon watches someone zip by on a bike, "Won't it be cool when we can rent bikes ourselves, go to cafes and restaurants by ourselves?"

"You think that will ever happen?" You ask skeptically. Namjoon nods thoughtfully.

"Really soon actually, there's lots of petitions right now to change laws and a huge movement for things to change in general. I think once one law changes, it will be a domino effect and they all will start changing."