The Fall of Wall Maria

Start from the beginning

He treated people equally.......

Shadis continued where he left off, only reeling me in more like a fish on a hook from the conversation exchanged.

"I have given you the facts about yourself Erwin. You don't know how to function as a husband and a solider at the same time, you need to disparate yourself from the two. Business is only business, and pleasure is pleasure." he rationally explained with calmness soothed in his tone, only giving me more of a reason to hear his conclusive thoughts.

Listening to my Commander orate to me like a priest and it's followers, I was utterly mind blown from shock feeling as paralyzed as though my spine was ripped out of my skeleton, and it wasn't the truth that was shocking me, it was the next step how to handle this issue.

Commander Shadis is right.....I have no excuse to remark because solemnly he is telling the truth, and the even thicker pill to swallow I've been acting like this ever since I've met Aurora.

Wanting to protect the pretty blonde girl, in exchange for her affection and love....

This has been the sadist part of me.

Seeking out any chance to recuse Aurora when she was helpless to gain love........

I'm possessive and extremely protective over her because I've never grown up with a Mother to understand what it's like to feel a woman's love, full of softness and tenderness.

This is why I resort to such actions of always wanting her to be safe......I'm terrified to lose her.

Now the real issue here is keeping my swan and unborn baby alive.

This can't go on forever, Aurora serving in the Survey Corps since she wants to start a family. I've known this painful truth for quite some time, but I'm been a coward to address it to her simply because of fear.

Aurora has worked so hard, and she was so determined to live outside these walls she joined the Survey Corps and gave her heart in exchange. My swan will be devastated to give up her position, and I'll feel even more miserable to see her cry from the failure of all her hard work gone to waste.

Not once have I felt baffled like starting a puzzle with hundreds of pieces scattered on the table, and an even more troublesome thought it was a question I had formulated, and couldn't find an explanation......until my Commander breathed his last words.

"It's your choice on how you handle your life Erwin, but I want you to know if something ever happens to me or I decide to resign.....I want you to take my place and be the next Commander." he stated as clear as a summer's blue sky, curling his thin lips to form a tiny smile full of delight, even his pupils sparked like champagne from the bliss flowing in him.

"Your the only man I've ever met who is strong and wise enough to lead humanity to salvation."

I know what to do.

The day I become Commander, is the day where I can dismiss her and she'll be forever safe.

The Day of The Expedition

Aurora's POV

Like all expeditions, I get jittery, timid, and my worst sentiment, nervous, so scared in fact I feel like a bundle of nerves restless about the challenges I will have to face. Though that was one side of me, the other half was pumped with excitement and eagerness to get the chance to explore further outside of our only sanctuary in hopes one day we can live like this, and as enthusiastic as I was about to take off on this new journey, my little teddy bear only brushed more unease to infiltrate me causing unease to itch my skin like a rash because Erwin would never say such devastating words unless he meant it.