The Fall of Wall Maria

Start from the beginning

The baby.

Aurora can not fight! What if something happens to her and she gets injured or worst......

The baby will be wounded.

"Sir!" I interrupted shooting out from my seat like a falling star, feeling my heart nearly double its speed like a stallion almost about to burst out from my chest from the fear of Aurora having to experience another painful injury. "Aurora can not fight in this battle!" I simply argued, realizing I'm lacking the logic and support to back up my statement, only to rely on the hope that my Commander would understand how much I'm losing if she comes with us tomorrow.....but sadly I'm not a lucky one.

"Why?" he countered as ruthless as pulling the trigger on an elderly, raising his right brow full of skepticism. " "Because she pregnant, and she's too beautiful to lose?" he snap unpleasantly like hearing a rat trap snatch his prey, recognizing it's gonna take more than a few heartahce words to keep the love of my life safe.

Then again.......are my intentions always the best?

"Sir,  she is carrying another human inside her womb. If you enable her to fight tomorrow there is the possibility two people may die." I reply, feeling my pulse quicken its speed as rapidly as sprinting for my life against a hungry titan

"And what about those dozens of men and women who died from your absence! They had lives as well, why don't they get any excuses?" he countered smoothly like firing a bullet at the head shot making the kill bloodless, but he had spite fueled his tone which only would add more gasoline to this fire since I was just as determined to win to protect the love of my life.

"I can't save everyone regardless of who they were it's impossible , and we all know the bitter truth about this world. The soldiers who are the strongest will thrive while the weaker ones will fall."

Rolling that last sentence off my tongue like a roller flattening out down bread dough, an instant light blub had flickered inside my head causing stun to overwhelm my entire body as though I was made from marble from a certain conclusion.

Mr.Sinclairs words....the words he told me the first day Aurora and I entered the military.

I can't believe I'm quoting him, furthermore agreeing with such a statement.....alas he was right, this cruel world doesn't show mercy nor any light in tunnels unless you are ambitious to grasp what you want.

Shadis sighed rather heavily with distress elevated in his tone, well knowing the truth was always bitter whether it was to a child or an adult.....it sometimes can be the toughest fear we ever face.

"Enough of this nonsense Erwin."  replied Shadi's once more releasing a heavy sigh as I start to noticed from every breath inhaled more of his body slowly melted with ease. Brawny shoulders slumped down like an arch and his brown coffee eyes mellow as a  pillow." As your Commander I am entitled to help improve any situation that I find problematic, and yours happens to be where you can't separate pleasure from business. " his tender gaze lowers to the floor like the temperature of the night's wind, even mildly dropping his head looking as defeated as though his entire soldiers where eaten alive from one battle.

"I would give anything to remotely have what you and Aurora share....." he paused for a brief moment looking as fatigued and drained as an empty bathtub... eyes full of sadness. "But unfortunately not everyone is lucky as you are Erwin." he stated with certainty gleaming back his voice as shining as a golden metal, raising his gaze back up to meet mine, staring at a Commander that wore the same confidence that long ago I had respect for him.

Shadis is a good Commander, but not great enough to succeed beyond average...

But there was one thing I did admire in him. He did care a lot for his soldiers regardless of where you stood or what was your position.