The Final Chapter

"Why... why didn't you do it?"
"I don't know what to say to that person," She replied.
I felt enraged towards the person she's talking about. He must hide under his mom's skirt once I find out who he is because curse the ground he's standing on to. I will definitely hunt her until he wishes he died before he could meet me.
She was mumbling something but it's a little vague and faint.
"What? Sorry, Assia, I didn't catch it," I said.
Her jaw almost fell when I said that. I wonder what's wrong with her.
She laughed nervously and then shook her head. "I didn't say anything. Ha ha ha," She averted her gaze and then smiled a little. "I just find the crowd a little uncomfortable."
I chuckled. "Still not used to the crowd, huh?"
Something hasn't changed.
"I guess I could never get used to it," She whispered in the air.
I presented my hand. Her eyes traveled from my palm, up to my shoulder, and then to my bluebell eyes. A smile which reached my eyes crept on my lips as she stares at me with the same intensity as mine.
Just take my hand and I'll bring you in place where you'll feel comfortable. I said athe back of my mind.
When our skin touched for a few seconds, I saw a glimpse of the future I have always dreamed of. Her, wearing a grand wedding dress as she walks down the aisle where I'll meet her.
Though, she immediately let go as soon as she's on her own feet.
I brought her to the cottage near the restaurant where there's only us and few people chilling in the silent environment.
"You left earlier than expected," I said after a long silence, pertaining to what she did years ago.
"Yeah," She said. "I don't want you guys to see me off."
"River told us. He said you didn't want us to see you off because you might choose to stay," I cleared my throat.
She chuckled. "I bet you asked him many time if he knew where I went. I never told them where and kept my tracks out of everybody's radar."
"Clea threw a tantrum, you know. She was like, 'She has done it again! She disappeared without a fucking word again,'" I said, imitating her sister, Cleandra.
She laughed then hummed. "I bet you're also wondering why I still chose to leave when I can just stay with all of you and start a new life."
I groaned and she chuckled. "Still sharp as ever, huh?"
"Well, I am not bragging but I am the CEO of Vista Grande Chain of Hotels and running a Corporation I've built two years ago."
"And she's gone arrogant," I chuckled as I shake my head. "But seriously speaking, why is it so important to you to hide your traces?"
"Because I don't want to be found until I am ready," She said as if it is the most easiest question to answer ever.
"Are you ready to be found?"
She shrugged. "Perhaps."
Her eyes widen when I caged her between my arms while staring directly at her eyes. "Perhaps? Then can I steal a kiss for that sidetracked answer?"
She was just staring at me and not responding. As the saying goes, silence means yes. I started inching our gap when her phone suddenly rang. She pushed me away and turned away before answering the call.
"Hey, baby," She said.
My body tingled and then walked away.
Tsk! Of course she'll find someone to fall in love with in those fucking years while I stayed carelessly damn in love with her!
I wonder how he looks. I probably look more handsome than that some con artist.
He definitely must prove himself that he's worthy of Assia's love.
I think he already has though. Because Assia won't settle for less anymore.
I am ready to fly back to Canada one morning and went to the hotel where she's staying to finally say goodbye when a kid bumped at me.
I helped her stand up.
I was starstruck when our eyes met as it reminds of Assia's eyes.
"Thank you, sir," She said and smiled and then walked away.
I nodded into the air and then proceed on asking the receptionist about Assia's room and just when she was about to answer me, the kid called and tugged my slacks.
The lady stared at the kid in awe.
I kneeled in front of her and asked what was the problem. She politely told me what she wants and I gave it to her.
"KC!" My ears clapped when I heard a familiar voice.
Before I could even say hi to her, Assia pulled the kid into a tight hug and the caressed her cheeks.
That was when it hit me really hard. I stared at the both of them as my feet starts to root on the tiled floor.
"Please don't go walking around by yourself, baby. God! I thought I'd lost you." She said in a worried manner.
She was taken aback when she glanced at me and our eyes met. I never averted mine because I might just miss the expression of her that will prove to me that the little girl she called KC is my child. She was frozen on my spot, same as me as her lips starts to quiver in an obvious reason.
I coldly returned her stares as tons of questions fills my mind.
The person she called baby last night... was it OUR child?
"I was just trying to get this, mommy. I am craving it. This man before us paid for this, we've got to thank him, mommy," KC said with a big smile on her face.
"Sure, baby," She said, stuttering. "Why don't you go to Aunty Isa? I'll just talk to him, okay?"
"Sure Mommy. It seems like he has something to tell you anyways," My daughter said before running towards some girl who's looking at us with horror and a little bit of a nervous smile.
Assia stared at them for a minute and then gulped. She slowly looked in my way while I keep on throwing sharp glares and confused expression toward her.
I chose to stare at her blankly as I was trying my best to contain myself and not explode in this open place.
That little girl is my daughter.
"Are... Are you just going to stare at me?" She asked in an awkward manner followed by a peal of fake laughter, trying hard to lighten up the mood.
"Do you have something tell me, Asssia?" I asked.
Upon hearing that, she knew I already have a hint on what's going on at this moment, what has been going on for the past years.
"Huh?" She blurted out as she try to figure out what to say.
I may have said that you can lie to me more but not about this matter, lady.
I grabbed her wrist and brought her in a room.
I clenched my jaw as well as my fist and then sat on the bed while she was standing like an idiot at the corner. She averted her gaze when our eyes met.
She cleared her throat. "You can ask me anything now. Or, do you want to say something?" She stupidly asked.
"She's my daughter," I concluded.
My stern voice rendered her mute. She wasn't able to say anything as if her voice box was taken away from her.
"The girl who called you mommy, she is my daughter, isn't she, Assia?" I stood up which made her take a step back. "Answer me." I demanded.
I can feel my inside rumbling as I think about the possibilities and convice myself that she must have had a good reason. But damn it! I am not in the right state to even understand everything.
My child is alive all along.
"H... How did you came up with that conclusion, Exiquel?"
I laughed without any humor. "I am not in the fucking mood to play with you, Assia."
I could almost hear the danger in my voice which made me feel like I am a monster going on a rampage.
Frustration, anger, longing, sadness. Everything overflowed as I stare at her gleaming eyes.
"Yes, she is! And so what?!" She retorted.
So what? Does she not understand where I am coming from?
"So what? You made me believe we lost our child, Assia!" I yelled back. "You faked your death! And you even faked this?! She is my child too, Assia!"
"We did! I did! I did lost her twin brother, Quel! I was carrying twins!" Tears started to well up in her eyes as she look at me with fear and frustration.
"And I am supposed to believe that?"
"The doctor showed you how much blood was lost, didn't she? That was our son! It is not my fault that the doctor missed another heartbeat!"
"Then why didn't you tell me when you came back four years ago, Assia?!" I pulled my hair and then sat on the bed.
I planted my elbows on my thighs as I cover my eyes with my palms.
"You had thousands of chances to tell us about her. But you chose to hide her from us," She gasped as soon as she heard my voice break.
"I was mad and scared and lonely, Quel! I was going to tell you all! I was planning to-"
"When, Assia? When do you plan to tell us the truth?" I asked. "When she's all grown up?"
"When she's ready. When I am ready, Quel," She said in a mumbling manner.
"Fuck it! This isn't about you anymore, Assia!" I yelled! "I understand that I hurt you. I understand that our relationship is fucked up but isn't this too much for me as a punishment? She is my daughter, too, Assia."
"I know, I understand..."
"No, you don't. I knew what was wrong with me. I know it was my fault. But, Assia, she's mine too."
"Damn it! Everyone from that place thinks the same way, huh?! When you do such things, you think you're just hurting me. That you're just inflicting pain! That I would just take hours of sleep and everything's gonna be okay when I wake up! That's what I want!"
She pulled her hair and then fell on her knees.
"I know my mistakes. I am aware of it. But can you blame me for not trusting you enough? No. The trust I have given to you have been crushed to dust!"
"But this isn't about us anymore!"
"Stop invalidating what I feel!"
"No one's invalidating what you feel, Assia! You are just failing to see anyone except for the people you included in the new life you've created. And that's what hurts the most, Assia."
"We could have had a happy family," I said which made her mouth gape open.
How many years have I missed with my daughter? How long was I kept in the dark? Am I the only one who doesn't know she exists?
The flow of thoughts never stopped to the point that I started questioning if I really deserved to not know about the existence of my own kid.
I suddenly feel like I have swallowed all my pride and my worth has been set aside.
She didn't say a word or two. She just stood there silently, watching me weep.
I would have accepted every punishment she have for me except this.
"What is her name?" I asked after the long silence.
She looked away. "KC," She replied. "Kiera Claudette."
I nodded and replied, "Okay."
"Saavedra," She added.
I sighed and walked out.
I want to hug my daughter.
"I see you're with Mr. Kind Man, mom. Have you thanked him already?" KC asked. Her forehead creased when she saw her mom's expression. KC gently caressed Assia's cheeks. "What's wrong, mommy?"
"Uhm... baby, Mommy has something to tell you," She smiled a little. "You don't have to wait any longer, baby?"
"What do you mean, mommy?" Her eyes widened. "Are we going home already? Is the plane already here?"
"Silly, girl. You know that planes can't land here, baby," Assia chuckled a little. "I'm talking about your dad, silly."
"My... I am Kiera Claudette S," Assia combed her hair with her finger. "Kiera Claudette Saavedra, Sir," She formally introduced herself which made Assia chuckle. She raised her well. "You can call me KC. I am turning four and I am born on August 11."
I smiled. A glint of amusement passed through my eyes.
I shook her hand. "Ashton Exiquel Saavedra, Miss KC. It's nice to meet you. You can call me dad," I smiled at her.
Kc nodded and then ran to hide behind Assia. "I am sorry," She mumbled, not knowing what to do, and not knowing what to say.
***
After damn many years of chasing her from the moon back to Earth and to the moon, I finally caught her in her arms.
Her to the moon and back is damn tiring as fuck but thank you, God, for the answered prayer.
KC is now starting to get used around me and recently started calling me daddy instead of calling me Mr. Kind Man.
And the green-eyed girl who loves to slip away from my grasp is now my fiancé, again, for the second time.
"Ahh, harder, love," She moaned as she dig her nails on my back. "Faster, damn it," She whimpers.
I suck her clit and withdrew my fingers inside her. I kissed her passionately and buried myself in her.
I left hickeys all over her body as she moan in pleasure.
"Fuck! I'm coming!" I thrust faster, deeper and harder as she grind with me.
I lay on top of her and planted a feathery kiss on her forehead.
"Are you on pills?" I asked.
She cupped my face. "Don't yoy want another kid?" She asked and pouted.
I laughed. "I would love to have a whole basketball team, love. But for now, let me make up to KC for the past years I missed in her life."
She nodded and smiled. "I love you."
"I love you more, Assia."