Chapter 24

Irritation filled his eyes. "Stop making that face, bitch," No, don't call me that, darling. I'm okay you calling me by my name, but please, not that. "It makes me wanna puke."
He leaned on the sofa. "Just to let you know, because you look clueless, we'll be wedded tomorrow," He stood up and slowly walked towards me. He bent over and leveled our faces. "If you're dreaming of a fairytale-like wedding, stop that, bitch. I'll make sure to ruin your dreams and plans just like how you shattered mine."
I gulped. I can feel his breath on my face. He scanned me and slightly slapped my cheeks. He moved away. He turned his back on me and stretched his body. He started cracking his joints.
I looked down ans played with my very own fingers. I parted my lips, ready to speak but immediately retreated when he groaned. I heaved a deep and long sighd.
"Quel," I uttered the moment my courage went back to me.
He faced me with an irritated expression. "What again, Athijha?"
"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. I-"
"Save it, bitch. I won't believe you anyway."
I bit my lower and nodded. Despite of what he have said. I smiled to show him that it's fine even if it didn't reached my eyes.
"Okay," I said under my breath. "I'm gonna take a nap then. You can leave me here alone if it's bothering you so much or if you still have something to do. You still have a class, right? You can atten-"
"Will you please shut your mouth?!" He angrily said.
I sucked my lips inward. I turned to the right and shut my eyes.
He's right. I have always dreamed of a fairytale-like wedding. Flowers are all over the place. Vintage and bright and the fresh air goes in and out that you can almost feel like you have wings.
I have always dreamed to wear a glamorous wedding gown. A ballgown type, embedded with pearls and crystals. Glimmering and glamorous under the light and seductive and shines as bright as the stars in the dark.
I have always dreamed to wear a silver tiara made with sapphires and amethysts.
I'd love to wear a glass shoes which mirrored Cinderella's the night she danced with the prince.
I'd love to hold a bouquet of tulips and roses and more flowers that will compliment the whitesness of my gown.
The cheers and supports of the guests will be the music to my ears as soon as I take the first step of my entrance.
Most of all, it will be a dream come true to see Quel waiting for me at the aisle with a smile on his face. It will be great to stare at his eyes filled with love and happiness like he's staring or watching his very own universe going to him wholeheartedly.
I would love to hear a romantic music as we kiss and fall in love again after the mass.
But I guess, fairytale is just a dream. It is just a fiction created by the person who went insane after a heartbreak. Fairytale doesn't really exist.
And universe will never be in your favor except when you don't fight it alone. Universe will give you the opposite if you are not someone special, if you're just on the category where millions of people belong.
Because now, I honestly feel hopeless.
Universe indeed gave me the man I love the most but ripped my dreams into pieces. It gave me the opposite.
I can't see a single flower in the room except for a piece of white tulip they made me hold. Fresh air can't come in because the windows are shut to keep the coolness of the room. The only ventilation we have in an aircon.
I don't get to wear a glamorous wedding gown, instead, they made me wear an old white dress.
I can't hear any music nor the cheers of the guests because there are only two people who came to see my wedding. Quel's father and Lily.
I'm now facing a judge for an obvious reason. He'll be the one to bind our ties.
This is a secret wedding. I can't brag about it to everyone I know. I can't tell the world that I'm getting married to the man I love the most. I can't tell anyone about it. It's like, our marriage will turn into a non-existent type of relationship.
I wanted to cry not because I my dream wedding didn't came true. It's because of the fact that an hour have passed and the groom hasn't arrived yet.
"Athijha, maybe we'll do it some other time. Looks like Quel won't come," Uncle Arnold flashed an apologetic smile.
I shook my head. "We'll do it now, Uncle. I'm not sure if I can still do it if this won't happen today." I bit my lips to suppress my tears. "He'll come, Uncle. I know he will."
I brushed the bead of tear that came out. I wonder if he saw that.
"Athijha,"
"I'm okay, Uncle. Can we wait for him for an hour? If he didn't arrive, you can go and leave me here alone. I'll just wait for him by myself. I'll be fine."
He sighed and massaged the bridge of his nose. He nodded and smiled. "Okay then,"
I hurts. It hurts a lot to wait for hours. I never really saw myself in this kind of situation.
Lily placed her hand on my shoulder. "You know what, ma'am? I'm starting to doubt your stories about him."
I chuckled. "Why?"
She glared at me. "First of all, a guy can't make a lady wait for him in this kind of occasion." She screamed silently and clenched her fist. "Ma'am-"
"Didn't I tell you to just call me by my name?"
"Wha-"
"And please stop glaring at me, Lily. You look like you could kill a dragon when you do that. You're creeping me out, girl."
"Fine, fine. But my point is, he shouldn't have done this. He just justified that you deserve someone better than him."
"Lily, it's okay. It's my fault anyway." I reasoned out.
She waved her hands and made me stop from making more alibis. "You're too good for him. You are so beautiful for him. Now I wonder why you're so in love with him. Maybe a love potion is involved."
Only her and Iris told me I am beautiful. Only the two of them saw something most of the people can't. I smiled.
"Don't you silly me, ma'am... Athijha, I mean."
My mood lit up and pain flew somewhere outside the world when the door opened and revealed Quel.
I knew he'll come.
Every steps he takes makes my heart pound harder against my ribcage. It was like, he is the source of my life.
I gripped on the stem of the flower as tight as I could.
I heard Lily scoffed. "He looks like he just had a s*x." I nudged her by my elbow.
He was buttoning his blouse when he entered and jis neck tie isn't fixed. Quel looks like he just got out of the bed. His eyes looks sleepy and his hair is kinda messed up. His lips are in a thin line.
Lily was right. He really does looks like he just banged a slut. His expression shows how much he dislike whatever is happening.
I wanted to back out all of a sudden but, it's already here, I'll just stand by it.
When our eyes met, smirk crept on his lips which I replied with a soft smile. He immediately grabbed my hand and pulled me in front of the judge. I winced when his grip tightened.
"Let's just start this shit and get it done." He said in a flat voice.
I unconsciously touched my cheeks when it suddenly felt cold. I smiled bitterly when I felt water against my palm.
Our marriage has begun- or if we can still call it a wedding.
I can feel his sharp glares boring holes into my back. I shut my eyes, not minding whatever the judge was saying.
He squeezed my arm even more. I feel like my bones are going to crack any minute now.
He loosened his grip the moment I voiced out my pain. He took his handkerchief and wiped his palm like he just touched a filthy trash, which I know he thinks I am one.
We exchanged rings. It's just a simple ring witn different designs. He personally requested for them to look like this so anyone won't have the thought that we're together.
The judge made us sign the papers. Which I did, even with my trembling hands. For a second, I felt the call air caressed my spine. Fear suddenly gave me a touch of fire.
I lost a grip of the pen after completing what they asked me to do.
"By the right and power vested in me, I now pronounce you, husband and wife." He said with a smile. "You may now kiss the bride."
Quel nodded. He faced me. He slowly leaned towards me. I wanted to step back but feet was like rooted on my spot. He kissed the side of my lips.
I was about to move away when he pulled me by the waist. All of a sudden, my body weakened and I was like a rotten vegetable.
He blew warm air on my ear which made my stomach crazy like butterflies on high. I gulped. I can almost hear him smirking.
"Welcome to hell, wife." He let got of me and walked away casually.
I held my chest where I can feel the rapid beating of my heart. I released a deep sigh.
"You'll be living with my son starting today, Athijha. You're gonna live in his condo unit. I've talked to him about this. Is it okay with you?" Uncle Arnold pat my shoulder.
"I'm okay with that, Uncle,"
I tried to stood up straight especially that Uncle Arnold and the Judge is still here but when they left, my jelly knees gave up on supporting my weight.
"Silly,"