Chapter 35

"You're just saying that because you have no choice," I said as I pinch his cheeks. I pouted a bit then chuckled when I saw his raw reaction. "I'm just kidding. I love you more, Love. To the moon and back."
He kissed me on my forehead then wrapped his arms around my shoulder. "Just shut up and hug me too, Athijha. I'm cold."
I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Feel warmer, love?" I asked and looked up to him.
I'm tall, okay? I am taller than most of the women but he's a giant. I am 5'8 while he's 6'3. See the difference?
I smiled at him when he nodded. I tightened my embrace around his waist and chuckled. I felt the vibration when he chuckled. He kissed the top f my head and started humming my favorite song.
"... you're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be and I don't wanna go home right now," I sang in a faint voice.
"Why don't you wanna go home?" He asked.
I shook my head and leaned my forehead against his chest. "It's just a song," I mumbled. "But, I don't want to go home right now, really."
"Hmm? Why is that?'
"I am already home. You are my home now," Because the home I had in my nineteen years of existence doesn't feel like it. It's like, it was never my home. "Maybe I am born for you to shelter," I chuckled. "Are you okay with that?"
He tightened his hug. "It's more than okay, Athijha. Make me your home as long as you want, even if it's forever."
I smiled. "Forever doesn't exist, Quel," His eyebrows furrowed. "There's only a lifetime, Quel."
He rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say, love. You're only mine until this life ends and in our next, next, next, next lifetime. That's the forever I am talking about."
"Okay then. But be fair, be mine forever too, Quel. I want you exclusively for me, just for me," I winked at him then took a step backward.
"Exclusive it is, no Brandon, no River," I giggled when I spotted a bit of jealousy in his tone.
"So possessive,"
"We're just the same, love. You are possessive too. Don't try to deny it."
"Well, I am denying it, love. I let you love and be attracted to any woman, especially to my sister since... Hehehe. And also, I'll let you go, just tell me when you don't want to be with me anymore and I'll let you go," His eyebrows are furrowed and his eyes are reflecting fire a bit while looking at me. I smirk. "Go to heaven."
He sighed. "You are just lowkey possessive, love."
"I'm not," I stamped my feet and pouted. We just stared at each other for minutes. I bit my bottom lip to suppress my smile but I still did. "Love,"
"Hmm?"
"I want to go somewhere today. Do you want to come with me?" I asked.
He raised his eyebrow as the both sides of his lips rose which formed a small smile. "Are you asking me to go on a date with you, love?" He asked and tucked his hands in the pocket of his pants.
I looked at him with a passive expression while crossing my arms under my chest. "Why? Don't you want to go on a date?" I asked my checking my nails.
"I mean... yeah, of course, I'll go with you, love. Where do you wanna go then?"
"Good choice," I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me. "We're going on an adventure!" I shrieked and jumped in jow.
I gave him the keys to his car and jumped in the passenger seat. I put on my seatbelt and clapped. He started the engine but he's looking at me with pure confusion and curiosity. He's really cute when he's oblivious about something.
"Adventure? What kind of adventure," I place my hand on his thigh and flashed a genuine smile.
"An adventure of a lifetime, love. You told me that you're gonna be with me in every life without hesitation, didn't you?"
"Yes, I did say that," He replied.
I giggled. "Then we'll start the adventure of this lifetime now, Quel. To the moon and back," I screamed.
He chuckled and started maneuvering his car with one hand. I turned on the radio and started vibing with the song.
"... leave me breathless
Tempt me, tease me
Until I can't deny this
Loving feeling
Make me long for your kiss
Go on, go on
Yeah, come on
Yeah," I sang as I dance on my seat.
I looked at Quel. He's biting his lips, obviously suppressing his smile. Then he chuckled. He threw me a quick glance. "Come on, love, stop staring at me. Go on, sing more."
I pouted and pinched his arm a bit. "You're teasing me again, Exiquel."
"No, I'm not teasing you at all, love. I just want to hear your singing voice more."
"It's not awful?"
"It's a music to my ears, love."
"And I can't lie
From you, I can not hide
And I've lost my will to try
Can't hide it
Can't fight it
So go on, go on
Come on, leave me breathless
Tempt me, tease me,"
I was enjoying the song when I saw his smile grew wider. "That's my girl," And with that, my heart started pounding like it wants to break my ribcage and rip off my skin. He gave me a quick gaze. "I love you, Athijha. To the moon and back."
"I love you to the moon and back, Quel."
They said that the heart creates enough energy to drive a truck 20 miles, which, over an average lifetime, is the equivalent of driving the distance to the moon and back. Basically, this means your love for another person equals all the blood your heart will pump as long as you live. It is used to express the vastness of one's affection for another.
And it warms my heart whenever he says that to me.
"So, where's our destination, love?" He asked.
"To the moon," I said then raised my hands in the air.
"Soon, but we can't go there now. So, where?" I pouted upon hearing his response.
"To my heart, then. Your destination is in my heart," He was about to respond when I gestured to him to shut his mouth. "My bad, you already arrived," I winked. "Anyway, just drive to the cliff where you brought me back on my birthday."
"So you really love that place, huh?"
"Of course I do. That was when I accepted my fate. That I won't be able to move on from you, love."
"Stop making my heart flutter, love. I might not stop myself to kiss you," Je said then tucked his lips in.
I bit my bottom lip and removed my seatbelt. "What are you doing?" He asked.
I moved closer and kissed him on his cheek. I witnessed how his ears turned as red as the tomatoes. His lips are now in a grim line as he tightened his grip on the steering wheel.
"You really are a tease, Athijha. You always tease me every time you know I can't do anything, huh?" His jaw tensed which made me chuckle.
"You love making fun of me too, love. We're quits," I whispered and blew a little in his ear.
I put back my seatbelt and leaned on the backrest comfortably. Then he suddenly stopped the car. My eyes widened when he removed his seatbelt in a swift then hovered over me.
I look through the window. He stopped the car in the middle of the road. My goodness! It's a good thing that we're not on the highway or else, the cops might have dragged his car out of the road immediately.
"Quel," I called.
His breathing was a bit rugged while looking directly into my eyes with an unknown emotion.
"You do know that I am driving, right? Athijha?" I nodded. He lifted my chin. "And you still dared to do that? Are you seducing me, love?"
I shook my head. "No, I'm not seducing you, love. Not at all, I was just teasing you," I pouted.
My eyes widened when he suddenly planted a smack kiss on my lips. "Stop doing that too. It's too tempting, love." He went back to his seat. "Shall we continue our adventure, love?"
I cleared my throat and nodded. "Jerk," I mumbled under my breath. He chuckled but didn't say anything.
My eyes brightened when I heard the intro of Beautiful Girl. I was about to sing with it when Quel started humming with the intro.
"Beautiful girl, wherever you are
I knew when I saw you, you had opened the door
I knew that I'd love again after a long, long while
I'd love it again.
You said "hello" and I turned to go
But something in your eyes left my heart beating so
I just knew that I'd love again after a long, long while
I'd love again." He sang as I hum and added some adlibs.
"It was destiny's game
For when love finally came on
I rushed in line only to find
That you were gone.
Whenever you are, I fear that I might
Have lost you forever like a song in the night
Now that I've loved again after a long, long while
I've loved again," We sang in a chorus.
He was singing the melody while I was the one singing the harmony.
I started swaying my head and hands, smiling from ear to ear. This is probably the first time that I think of adventures as something romantic because finally, I get to do and say my feelings out loud in front of him.
I ran to the field of flowers. I can't bring myself to pick anything because they're just so beautiful, no that's an understatement, they're breathtakingly gorgeous.
"Love, can you take a picture of me?" I said as I ran back to him, waving my phone.
"You? Just you? I'm not included?" He asked while crossing his arms.
"Yup, just me. I'm gonna post it on my Instagram later," I said while giggling.
"Take photos of you by yourself then," He handed me my phone back. I pouted then bit my lower lip. I looked away and turned around as slow as I could. I was about to walk away when he spoke.