Chapter 9

My heart suddenly stopped for a second then it raced like it's in a marathon. Butterflies held a party in my stomach and my mind turned haywire. I was unable to speak and was just staring at the screen of my phone.

"Athijha? Love are you still there?" Reality knocked my head.

"Y-yes, I'm sorry. Why'd you call?" I stuttered.

"Love, you're uncomfortable." He concluded. I don't know if it's just me but I feel like I heard a pang of pain ih his voice.

"No, I'm not," I denied.

But yes, I feel uncomfortable because you're giving me sensations that put my mind in a whirl!

"You're stuttering whenever you're uncomfortable, love." I gulped.

"Jha, I thought we're best friends, tell me the name of the guy you like then." Quel ranted and his mouth protruded into a cute pout.

"No way, Quel!"

"That's unfair, Athijha, I told you about the woman I like!" I walked faster.

You did told me about her and it hurts, Quel. I love you more than anything.

I jumped in surprise when he wrapped his arms around my shoulder. Butterflies suddenly filled my stomach. I stopped and slowly raised my gaze to meet his orbs. We were both smiling when our eyes collided, but the difference is, my eyes expresses the whole galaxy while his only express the moon. That when the sun comes back, he'll avert his gaze and look at it like he can see the whole universe.

"The man I love, can I just describe him?"

He pouted. "Still unfair, but that will do."

"He looks hot when his hair is messy and looks handsome when it's fixed. His thick eyebrows compliments his bluebell eyes,"

"Woah! Are you going to replace me sooner?"

Like I can replace you. Tss. It's you whom I'm describing, dumbass.

"I always wanted to kiss his lips," I gulped when my eyes fell on his red lips. I looked away, scared that he might notice it. "His voice, it's like a music to my ears. His rough features made him look like a seductive devil. Fuck! I'm so addicted," to you. "to that man."

"Hmm, I think you'll look good together." He pinched my nose. "You look like an angel, Jha. I guess opposite do really attract each other."

Then why are you not attracted to me?

"Your voice is soothing, Athijha. Keep that in mind."

"Love? Are you still there? Say anything, please."

"Quel, can you do me a favor?" I asked without hesitation.

"Y-yeah, what is it?" He sounded excited.

"Will you please stop calling me love?" I love it, though.

"Huh?"

"Stop calling with that, it makes me sick. It disguts me, Saavedra." I said with finality.

There's a long silence after I uttered that. I bit my lower lip, feeling guilty of what I just told him. Damn, I don't want him to call me that because of those freaking butterflies in my stomach and not the other way around!

"You do know how much I love you, right?"

I swallowed hard. "No, I don't."

"Athijha," I heard his voice broke. "You know, I'll do everything to get you back. But damn, it hurts to know that the endearment you used to call me disgusts you."