Chapter 96

I was panting as the image of him dying in my hands keeps on flashing in my mind. I took my car keys then drove to Damon's condo.
"Let me join your organization, Damon," I said without a trace of hesitation.
He frowned then punched me straight to my face. I kept my mouth shut and silently pulled myself up.
"What was that again, Quel?" He asked.
"Let me join your organization," I repeated.
He punched me for the second time around while looking at me with fury. "Are you awake now?"
"Let me join your organization."
"For what?"
"To end that piece of shit, of course," I replied which led me to catch another punch.
"No, you'll just put your life in danger."
"it's my life, Dame. I get to decide what I want to happen to me so just let me join," I said while wiping the blood dripping from my mouth.
He sighed. In a span of a second, the air around him changed while looking at me as if I am the filthiest creature he has ever seen.
"You don't get it, do you? You'll also put Athijha's life in danger."
"She's my wife but whenever she is concerned, you always make a fuss," I looked at him in the eye. "Do you like my wife, Damon?"
He massaged his temple. "Get fuck out of my condo, Exiquel. I don't have the time to talk to someone whose mind is clearly messed up."
"Answer the damn question, Damon! You are my friend, right? Then just give me the fucking answer!"
"No, I don't! I am simply following orders to protect the damn girl because I owe Clea something!" He grabbed the collar of my clothes then threw another punch. "So don't throw me in that situation because my mind is not in the perfect shape!"
He dragged me out of his condo. "Come back and ask me that again once you're aware of the consequences or when your mind is clear enough to think straight!"
He slammed the door. I punched the wall out of frustration.
But what does he mean about him owing Clea something?
I found myself sitting at the edge of the cliff. Staring at the river below. If only I can take you with me in a selfish way, I could have done it since the first time I see you cry. But you're still not done living, are you?
I smiled at the thought of my wife being so much stronger than I am when it comes to fighting silent battles. When it comes to fighting for life even if there is nothing worth fighting for.
Tears rolled down my cheeks as I think of my body disappearing, decaying. Damn, that should be a dream come true.
I looked at the moon she loves a lot. Until now, I still can't understand what she loves about it except for what it looks like.
But then, I guess I am starting to fall in love with the moon as well because it reminds me so much of her. It somehow gives me comfort, thinking that she might be staring at it again or maybe talking to the moon.
"I love you so much, Jha. I'm so sorry if I am about to put your life in danger. But after all of this, I promise to spend the rest of my life making up to you for making a huge gamble."
I hope you're talking back. I wish you are looking at the moon and telling it everything I have no knowledge about. Talkback to the moon, love. Talkback to me.
I leaned on a rock then closed my eyes as the wind rises. Forgive me if I don't come home tonight, love. But please enjoy the night with the friends who give you comfort in a way I never can.
I was slowly drifting into sleep when my phone rang. I stared at the screen of my phone with her name on it. I was hesitant at first but I still end up answering her call. It must be important.
[C-Clea,] My lips parted as soon as I heard her voice calling out for her sister. I smiled, I guess she dialed the wrong number. She's probably drunk.
I stood up then went inside my car.
[Sis, did you know that I am a model now? Are you proud of me? Sis, I got to tell you something. It wasn't me, okay? I didn't told him anything, I swear, sis. So please, don't be mad at *hiccups* Athijha. Athijha didn't do anything.]
My forehead creased. What does she mean by that?
"What?" I asked out of confusion and curiosity.
[Sis, why does you voice sounds different? Are you a guy now?] She asked which made me wince. What the fuck? Seconds later, she started sobbing which made me panic a little. [Why do you sound like a guy now? Were you a lesbian and now a transgender?] She added. Is she about to throw a tantrum?
"Where are you, Athijha?" I asked while starting the engine.
She fell into silence for a second. I heard her sigh out of annoyance and sadness. [Sis, you're no longer my sis. You're my brother now, are you?] She mumbled.
"Where are you?" I repeated the question while massaging my temple.
[Are you finally coming to get me?] My lips parted. Clea said she'll get her? No, she probably promised Athijha. [I'm at the restaurant owned by the Solaces. On the fourth floor.]
I dropped the call and maneuvered my car as fast as possible to get her. She's drunk and some dumbasses might take advantage of her state.
I can't seem to shove what she said out of my head. Clea getting her seems to have a deeper reason.
I took the stairs when I saw that the elevator is fucking full. I surround my gaze to search for her in the ocean of people. The place is too crowded that it's almost impossible to drop a coin.
After minutes of searching, I spotted her sitting in the corner. She was laying her head on her crossed arms. I should tell her not to drink alcohol when I am not around.
I poked her arm and she told me to get away. I sighed then poked her again.
"Hey! What's you problem?" She asked in a polite tone but with a bit of irritation.
I laughed. "Come on, I'll take you home." She's bolder when she's drunk, and she looks free as well. I would like to see her always like this but alcoholic beverages are not good.
She slapped my hands away when I held her hand to pull her up.
"Hands off, please. I'm married," She said then moved away a bit. I stared at her in amusement. What a faithful wife I have. "And you're not my sister. She'll get me out here. I'm going to wait for her," She mumbled.
She won't. I said at the back of my head. She's still nowhere to find.
I groaned then titled my head. "Why are you so drunk?"
"I'm not drunk." She denied.
"Yeah, tell that to yourself."
She pouted and point her index finger on her face. "I'm not drunk," She said. Her tone was quite sure and she was staring at her point finger intently.
I burst into laughter while she was eyeing me curiously.
Yes, love. You really are not drunk.
"Damn, you're really cute. Come on, let's get you home," I tried to pull her up again but she shoved my hands away.
"No, I have a husband. I am married and I don't want to create misunderstanding so thank you, but no. And my sister might scold me for going out with strangers," She pouted while her eyelids are slowly falling.
Clea must be proud of you, Jha.
"Where's your sister then?" I asked, thinking that Clea must have left a clue before she left.
She shook het head. "I don't know. She's hiding from the monsters," She then gestured me to stay silent. "Be quiet about that, the monster's goons might hear you."
Monsters? Goons? She must be talking about her fucking father.
I unconsciously clenched my fist while looking at the visible fear and pain in her eyes.
"He might-" Her forehead creased. "Why am I even talking to you? My sister told me not to share too much information to strangers. And my husband might be mad. Do you know that he's a great man even if he's kind of an asshole sometimes?"
A melancholic smile crept on my lips. She's scared of me being mad to her becausr of a petty reason. I can't blame her though, I made her feel that way, made her think that way.
Dang! It makes me happy to hear you compliment me even if I know I don't deserve it especially when it came from you.
"Really?" I asked.
She lifted her chin then stopped on the midway. She looked away then made a face. "Why am I still talking to you?" She murmured. I chuckled then held her wrist. "I won't come with you no matter how you nice you are. It's either sis or my husband or no one at all." She tried her best to resist. She even hit me on the face where Damon's punch landed thrice earlier.
"Silly, I'm your husband," I whispered.
She squinted her eyes then stared at mine. I stared back at her. Her grip on my shoulder is slowly getting tighter as her eyes well up.
She placed her palm against my cheeks.
"Quel," She called. She started sobbing then she wrapped her arms around my neck. "He's gonna do it again. He'll do it again. Athijha is afraid," My hands started trembling as her cries gets louder and uncontrollable.
It almost feels like she's pouring all her bottled emotion in her cries which made it even more painful for me to hear.
"He make things hard for Athijha," By the moment that I have realized that her trauma is way more worst than I imagined, I have decided to do whatever it takes to make him feel the same amount he made Athijha and Clea feel.
"Who is he?" I asked, hoping that she'll say her father's name.
Once she utters that name, I will bring hell to Earth right in an instant.
So please, love, don't hold back because I definitely won't.
"He's a monster," She mumbled before dozing of to sleep.
I sighed, controlling the emotions that's piling up.
Just how much love can you offer that even if all that they did was to hurt you, you still care and protect them?