Chapter 107

I was pouting while signing some papers as my past time.
It is kind of boring since Kuya River already prepared everything. I just hope it is not that extravagant because if it is, I would probably kill him. He's using my money for Pete's sake and I still have other important things to take care of which requires significant amount of money.
I glanced at the book placed by the window. It has a leather cover and has over five hundred pages based on its thickness.
To think that I have no interest of reading at this moment is just too surprising since I have been with them all of my life.
I stretched my body when the clock strikes at four.
I took the box of my gown, as well as the necessary things and drove to my condo.
Exiquel told me he'll fetch me and I can't risk telling him Vista Mansion's address. Maybe later.
I put some extensions on my hair and tied it in a princess's bun. I wore a light make up for a natural look.
It took me quite some time zipping my gown since I have no one to help me prepare.
I hid two guns under my skirt in case something happens.
I stared at my appearance on a gigantic mirror while holding my mask. I put it on and laughed when I stared at my eyes. It blended beautifully with the small pieces of emeralds. Now, it looks like a pair of the gorgeous rock which has been taken care of for a long period of time.
I took a small purse when the doorbell rang.
I found him starting at my door while holding a bouquet of red tulips and gardenias. "Good evening, my lady. You look gorgeous like always," He said with a smile.
"And you are annoying as always," I said then rolled my eyes. "Can I leave this bouquet here? I have a feeling that I might destroy this by slapping you with it out of annoyance."
"Harsh. But sure," He took my hand and kissed it. "Shall we go, gorgeous?"
I nodded. "Sure."
I never knew that a ride from my condo to the venue could be long enough for my lips to itch.
"Quel, do you know me?" And I can't handle it anymore.
His forehead creased. "What do you mean? Of course, I know you, Athijha."
"What if my name is not really Athijha? What if it is Clea?" I joked then chuckled a bit. "Don't get me wrong, okay? What if I am just her copycat and the real one just happened to tell me everything about her life?"
He smiled. "Then you copied her perfectly. Your mannerism, the way you frown, your smile, and your laugh. It perfectly matches hers. But I can never forget how her eyes look. That is how I can tell if you are just pretending or not," He winked at me. "I know you are Athijha Esmeray Alonso-Saavedra the first time I saw you again. Quit messing with my mind, baby, it won't work."
I pouted. "I was mumbling nonsense question, he doesn't have to smack it on my face," I whispered as I make faces.
He chuckled. "Buckle up, sweetheart, we're about to arrive. Let me say tell you this, there will be a crowd and if you ever feel like you can't take it anymore, I'll get you out of there."
My forehead creased then jokingly punched his shoulder with a bit of annoyance. "Stop treating me as if I am still that dumb, stupid girl you met years ago. I have changed, Exiquel," I said, crossing my hands under my chest.
He threw me a quick glance. "I can see that. I just can't stop myself from treating you the same," He winked. "I can see that you can fight back now."
My emotions have been turned off without me noticing it. I gave him an emotionless glance with an empty, small smile plastered on my lips. "I can even point a gun on head ow, Exiquel."
I saw a glimpse of emotion I have never seen in his eyes while talking to me before. Then, a burst of proud laughter echoed inside the car as he park his car on the lot. He turned off the engine.
"Damn, my girl really came back stronger."
I rolled my eyes. "I am not your girl anymore, Exiquel," I replied then jumped out of the car.
I had already taken several steps when he grabbed me by the arm then pinned me on his car. I looked up to meet his gaze since he's taller than me.
"What do you think are you doing?"
"You're not my girl anymore, I know. You are my wife, still my wife. And that feisty attitude of my wife? I find it hot," He said kissed me on the cheek. He then started walking away while playing with his keys.
My jaw was on the ground as I watch him walk like a damn model as I feel my cheeks heating up for a second. I honestly feel like pulling my gun under my skirt and shooting him on the legs so that he won't be able to walk in a way that annoys me.
I took a grip on my skirt then came running to him. Without a second thought, I smacked the back of his head then laughed when he almost stumbled. I stuck my tongue out the ran to the entrance on the Pavillion.
I smirked at the back of my mind. You did a great job making this ball feel like a fairytale, Kuya. Red and white tulips and roses are everywhere as the pastel color gives a gentle vibe.
I kinda feel bad ruining this atmosphere later.
I flinched when someone wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I glared at Exiquel. I could have shot him when I haven't realized it was him a second earlier.
He smiled. "I can see your parents from here," He said then pointed at the asshole Antony Saavedra and my mom who looks anxious. I smirked as I grip on my purse where the USB she gave me is hidden.
I potted Clea. She's wearing a pink victorian gown which gives her a princess vibe.
I chuckled. It feels like she's Princess Aurora while I am Maleficent. Oh my goodness. This turned out to be an interesting fairytale-like event.
"Why are you laughing?" Exiquel asked.
I shook my head. "It just feels like I am in a dream," I reasoned out.
My dear Princess Clea, this is where your fairytale ends. Not even your filthy father can save you just like he did years ago.
"You good?" Quel asked in a whispering manner.
I nodded and let him guide the way. My organs are dancing in excitement as we approach the Alonsos who're having fun.
II didn't bother to smile while Exiquel greeted mom and Clea while Anton is just eyeing us like he's a God and we're some sort of peasants.
Mom bit her bottom lip then smiled. Clea raised her eyebrow that almost destroyed the ceiling. "Why is a peasant like you invited to a grand ball like this?" She scanned me from head to toes. "And what's with the designer dress? I bet you made Exiquel dear buy this for you."
I rolled my eyes then smirked. "And what's with your super thick makeup? I bet your makeup artist thought you're not so pretty that's why you look like ruined art tonight," I covered my mouth and gasped. "Oops, my bad. You always looked like a ruined art anyway. There's no point telling you that now," I let out a small chuckle.
I saw Exiquel massage his temples from my peripherals. "Jha, do you want to get fresh air? It is way too crowded in here. You don't like the smell of alcohol, right?"
I raised my eyebrow and took a glass of champagne from a waiter then took a sip. "I'm fine Exiquel."
"Hey, dad. Look at this little rat. Athijha is trying her best to fit in," Clea said. Mom tried to stop her by grabbing her arm gently.
"Of course. Though, I don't seem to fit in, right? There's a pretty basic reason why I don't. An emerald stands out no matter how you try to cover it. You guys are just trashed, anyway."
Mom held both of our hands tightly then flashed a weak smile. "Can you not fight? You guys are getting too much attention. The night is still young, do not ruin the ball for Pete's sake."
I glanced at the huge wall clock in the middle of the grand staircase and so did Clea.
"Don't be such a boomer, mom. It is already quarter to eleven."
"And you haven't greeted anyone except for the liquors," Anton sarcastically said.
Mom gave me the signal. I pressed the button on my pocket in a secretive manner to tell our men to get ready. The lights turned dim as the music started to get louder.
I rolled my eyes then wore my mask. "I'm going to the restroom. Looks like the ball is about to start any moment now."
I expertly tossed the USB to my brother before entering the restroom. I put on my white gloves after retouching my makeup. I also tied my hair back in a stylish way. I still want to look gorgeous while exchanging bullets with those dumbasses.
I was almost done when Clea entered the restroom and locked it. She's playing with a dagger with an evil smirk. "Shall we finish everything right here, right now, little sis?"
"Shall I kill you, Clea?" I asked in return.
"If you can."
I took the phone I just bought out of my purse then threw it to her. "Or should I kill your dearest daughter just like how you killed my baby back then?" I laughed.