Chapter 36

"Give me that phone, I'll be the one taking your photos," I beamed in victory and gave him my phone.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I shrieked. "Come on," I pulled him to the middle of the flower field.
I posed and smiled. I heard several clicks. "Let me see," I jumped on his back.
"Don't struggle me then," He said. He swiped on my phone. I was happy to see how great the shots were.
I wrapped my legs around his waist. "Take photos of us too," I muttered.
He switched into the front cam. I put a peace sign above his head. I laughed when he groaned. I placed my chin above his neck and smiled like there's no tomorrow.
I was about to get off him but he held my hands. "Where to, love?"
"To the cliff. Let's sit there and watch the sunset. Together," I whispered.
"Together," He said.
He ran through the flowers while I was laughing on his back.
"Woo-hoo!" I screamed.
He put me down and sat on the edge of the cliff. I sat beside him then I leaned my head on his shoulder. "That was amazing."
The wind blew my hair. All of a sudden, Quel gathered every strand of my hair and took a hair tie from his pocket.
My lips parted open. "You brought a hair tie?" I asked, almost inaudible.
"Hmm-mm," He responded.
"For what?"
"I noticed that you always forget to bring a hair tie and you somehow struggle a bit with you just let your hair fall on your back especially when the wind blows hard," He said while tying my hair. "I always bring this with me."
"Quel, do you realize that you're making me fall in love with you again?" I asked out of the blue.
"No, but that's good to know that I'm not the only one who falls in love over and over again," He put his arm on my shoulder then kissed the side of my head. "Love is f*cking crazy."
"Yeah, it makes us do stupid things."
We watched how the city lights appeared on by one from here like a thousand charms. Different colors and different light intensities. So beautiful.
Stars started to shine. They're like diamonds in the sky, look expensive and beautiful. Simply out of reach.
My eyes reflected the moonlight. The crescent moon looks like an expensive jewel like no amount could ever buy it- I mean, literally, no one could do that. But it seems like it's forbidden to own.
"Love, the moon is beautiful, isn't it?"
"I can die happy," He replied.
His response slowly sank into my mind. My eyes widened in shock. I moved away then covered my mouth while pointing at him.
I wasn't expecting that. I never expected that he's going to say that. He doesn't know about it, that's what I know. He doesn't know what it means.
"Y-You," I gulped. "You know that? How did you know about that?" I asked as my heart pound loudly.
He laughed at my reaction then pulled me closer. He made me lean on his body then he sank his arm around my waist.
Butterflies.
I can feel the butterflies invading my system.
"I was with Damon and Iris last night. Then the moon caught my eyes, it reminded me of you," He chuckled. "I remembered the question you've been asking me since I can't remember. The moon is beautiful, isn't it? I said that out loud. I received a slap from Iris while Damon was glaring at me like he's ready to murder me anytime." He mimicked Damon's move and looked at me.
"What?!"
"Yes, that happened, love. Damon asked me why did I say that. They knew we're married so, they thought I am in love with Iris," He roared in laughter while I was still in a state of shock. "Damn! I'm not a fucking pedophile. They explained to me what does that means."
"Oh my! You should have just searched it on google!"
He eyed me maliciously. "So you have confessed your feelings for me a long time ago, huh?" He clicked his tongue. "And I was teasing you about how obsessed you are about the moon."
"You were just so dense, Quel," I rolled my eyes. "Let's go home. I'm kind of hungry."
"You still have that dragon in your tummy huh?" He teased.
"Exiquel!"
"How about I make you full for nine months, love?" He wiggled his eyebrows.
Blood came rushing up to my face. "You jerk."
"Do you want me to plant my seed in you, love?"
"Oh my God! Stop it! I'm outta here!" As I run towards the car, his laugh echoed in the place.
My face feels so hot, like, I think anytime smoke will come out of my ears.
I'm not embarrassed because of what he brought up. I'm not that innocent. The school explained it's normal and I have read a lot of books!
I am embarrassed because of what I was picturing in my head. The hot kisses we're going to share. The touches. The m... the moans. The f*cking everything I have read!
Are we going to do that? Feels like I want to try some position...
I covered my face and screamed at the back of my head.
How dare my mind imagine those things?
I didn't say anything when he came into the car. I was just leaning my head on the window while my eyes are closed, shy about those dirty thoughts.
"Are you mad, love?"
"Nope, I'm shy," I replied in a faint voice.
He laughed. "Don't me. It's just me, love. Your best friend slash husband." I covered my face when I heard a hint of tease in his voice.
"That's not it," I whispered. "Y-You knows how... how much of a b-bookworm I am, Quel."
Upon hearing what I just said, he roared in laughter. He was holding his stomach because of how intense his laugh was.
"Damn! How could I forget about that? My not so innocent wife," He faced me. "Tell me, love, what did you imagine earlier, huh?"
My face heated up even more. I shook my head. I don't want to remember that.
"N-nothing! Nothing! I... I swear," I raised my right hand. "Come on, Quel. Drive already, I'm hungry! Stop teasing me too! I feel like I'm going to explode any moment now."
"Just tell me about it, love. I'll gladly do it with you," He winked.
"Shut up, Quel!"
He started the engine with an amused smile plastered on his lips. I pouted and sulk on my seat.
Before he drove, he went close to me then kissed me on my forehead. He put a flower behind my ear.
"Your face is as red as the flower, Athijha. It suits you."
I snarled at him and was about to talk but then, I just stayed silent instead of talking back. He'll just tease me more if I did.
He turned on the radio. They're playing a song I'm not familiar with so I can't vibe with it or fill my mind with the lyrics of the song just to escape that embarrassment that keeps on playing inside my head.
"Her hair blowing in the open window of my car," I slowly looked at him when he started singing along with the next song. "And as we go, the traffic lights, I watch them glimmer in her eyes," He gave me a quick glance. "In the darkness of the evening,"
It feels like he's serenading me.
"And I've got all that I need,
Right here in the passenger seat,
Oh, and I can't keep my eyes on the road,
Knowing that she's inches from me,
We stop to get something to drink,
My mind clouds and I can't think,
Scared to death to say I love her,
Then the moon peeks from the clouds,
I hear my heart, it beats so loud,
Try to tell her simply,
That I've got all that I need,
Right here in the passenger seat,
Oh, and I can't keep my eyes on the road,
Knowing that she's inches from me,"
I closed my eyes. I can clearly understand the lyrics. He's singing that for me, right?
I feel like I'm on cloud nine. His voice sounds like a lullaby. It's so soothing.
The next thing I knew, I was already drifting to a deep slumber.
I woke up on my bed, feeling comfortable while hugging a pillow. I heaved a deep breath when I felt a heavy arm over my waist.
"McDonald's," I mumbled under my breath.
I carefully placed his arm beside me then stood up. I did my morning routine then checked my phone. I almost forgot that I'm leaving tomorrow. I, with the team, are going to New Zealand for the fashion show this weekend. I guess I'll just tell him about it later.
I was in the middle of bathing when I smelled that food I am cooking is getting burned. I panicked a bit. I wrapped my body with a towel and ran to the kitchen. I turned the stove off then started preparing for the sauce.
I sighed in relief. It's not burned. Thank God!
I turned the radio on while waiting for the sauce to be ready.
"... changes into something red,
Her mother doesn't like that kind of dress'
Everything she never had she's showin' off," I started swaying my hips and used the spoon as a mic.
"Drivin' too fast, moon is breakin' through her hair,
She's headin' for somethin' that she won't forget,
Havin' no regrets is all that she really wants,"
I was pretending that I'm singing at a concert. Singing in front of my imaginary fans.
"We're only gettin' older, baby,
And I've been thinkin' about it lately,
Does it ever drive you crazy,
Just how fast the night changes?"
"Everything that you've ever dreamed of," I turned to the direction where his voice came from.