Chapter 116

"Can you wait for a day or maybe a week, love?"
"Okay, mommy," She replied but I know it isn't. "I'm not ready to meet him anyway. I am not a big girl yet, mommy. Maybe I can even wait for another year. Whenever everyone is ready, I guess."
She wants to meet him badly but she's suppressing it. Oh my God!
I'm such a dumbass.
"Can you stay with Mama Isa? Go back to the hotel first, okay? I'll follow."
"Okay, mommy. I love you."
"To the moon and back, darling. I love you too," I replied.
I handed Isa my car keys and let them leave me on the table alone.
My hands were sweaty and trembling as if I'm being electricuted.
I ordered a glass of juice then turned my gaze towards his direction. My breathing hitched when our eyes met.
I immediately averted my gaze when he turned to his friends.
I can see him walking towards me from my peripherals which made me even more nervous.
"Hey, still busy?" He asked which made me jolt in surprise.
I shook my head. "No, not anymore," I said which is true since I've finished all the paperworks that is good for two months.
"I see. You still have it, huh?"
I almost choked upon hearing that. I touched the necklace he was staring at and then nodded like a frightened kitten.
I saw a ghost of smile on his face.
It's a bit awkward if you ask me.
We suddenly fell into silence and kept stealing glances but none of us spoke.
"I was actually planning to give it to someone," I said in a faint voice.
I saw a glimpse of shock and uneasiness pass through his eyes.
I was going to give it to my daughter.
He flashed a small smile. "Why... why didn't you do it?"
"I don't know what to say to that person," I replied.
Again, an awkward silence enveloped us.
Oh my God. How could I possibly tell him about KC?!
Should I say, 'Quel, do you remember those spicy nights? It actually had a fruit.'
What the fuck?!
Or should I just ask him, 'What if I tell you we have a child?'
"What? Sorry, Assia, I didn't catch it," He said.
My jaw almost fell when he said that. Did I... did I just blurt it out?
I laughed nervously and then shook my head. "I didn't say anything. Ha ha ha," I averted my gaze and then smiled a little. "I just find the crowd a little uncomfortable."
He chuckled. "Still not used to the crowd, huh?"
"I guess I could never get used to it," I whispered in the air.
He presented his hand. My eyes traveled from his palm, up to his shoulder, and then to his bluebell eyes. A smile which reached his eyes crept on his lips as my peripheral vision became blurry and all I could see is him. It's as if everything around us is moving a thousand time faster than usual.
The sudden gesture he have done made me think that I just saw a glimpse of what's going to happen in the future. Me, on a white gown and him, waiting on the aisle.
I accepted his hand but immediately let go upon realizing that everything I've imagined in that one second is never going to happen especially that he might just explode in anger when he learns the truth.
And the worst case scenario is when he's going to take my daughter away from me.
He brought me to the cottage near the restaurant where there's only us and few people chilling in the silent environment.
"You left earlier than expected," He said after a long silence.
"Yeah," I said. "I don't want you guys to see me off."
"River told us. He said you didn't want us to see you off because you might choose to stay," He cleared his throat.
I chuckled. "I bet you asked him many time if he knew where I went. I never told them where and kept my tracks out of everybody's radar."
"Clea threw a tantrum, you know. She was like, 'She has done it again! She disappeared without a fucking word again,'" He said, imitating my sister.
I laughed then hummed. "I bet you're also wondering why I still chose to leave when I can just stay with all of you and start a new life."
He groaned and I chuckled. "Still sharp as ever, huh?"
"Well, I am not bragging but I am the CEO of Vista Grande Chain of Hotels and running a Corporation I've built two years ago."
"And she's gone arrogant," He chuckled as he shake his head. "But seriously speaking, why is it so important to you to hide your traces?"
"Because I don't want to be found until I am ready," I said as if it is the most easiest question to answer ever.
"Are you ready to be found?"
I shrugged. "Perhaps."
My eyes widen when he trapped me between his arms while staring directly at my eyes. "Perhaps? Then can I steal a kiss for that sidetracked answer?"
I wanted to shake my head and say no but my body was to frozen to even move a finger. He started inching our gap when my phone suddenly rang. I pushed him away and turned away before answering the call.
"Hey, baby," I lovingly said.
[Mommy, aren't you coming back yet?] She asked in a sleepy voice.
"Just half an hour or one, baby. You should sleep now. I'll still sing you a lullaby even if you can't hear it anymore, okay?"
[No, I will wait for you, mommy.]
I giggled. "Okay then. I'll be right there."
I turned around to find Exiquel five meters away from me, smoking.
"Exiquel," I called. "I'm leaving. Uhm, I have an uhm... emergency."
A grin crept on his lips as he throw the cigarette away. "Emergency, huh?"
"Yup. I've got to go. Bye, Quel."
I immediately booked a cab.  A bit relieved that I managed to talk straight and didn't faint out of nervousness, and excited to see my daughter again. Though, I am overthinking a little. What am I going to say to my baby when she asks about it?
I pursed my lips as I slide my key card. I quietly opened the door, afraid that I might wake them up if ever they were already asleep.
To my surprise, they're all lying on the California king bed while staring at the white ceiling. I don't know what to feel.
Have they gone crazy upon eating a lot?
They all turned to me in the chorus which creeped me out a bit.
"How was it, Assia?" Isa asked.
"Are you okay, mommy?" KC asked.
"Baby, is it okay if mommy and daddy take their time? It won't be too long, darling," I said, almost in a whisper.
"Sure, mommy. And aren't we returning to the Philippines tomorrow morning? I am more excited to join the kindergarten than to meet him anyway."
I heaved a deep breath. This is what she gets from me. My goodness, she definitely took after me.