Chapter 104

The other executives didn't even had the chance to speak up or defend the CFO who is known for being close to every employee of this company.
I clapped twice then smiled. "So much time has been wasted. Shall we start?"
I handed them the files I have prepared.
"I reviewed everything about the whole corporation. Its history, planning of our businesses, our employees as well as the smallest stuffs that have lead me into entertaining a certain idea."
"And as all we know, we owned hotels, restaurants, bars, condominiums, subdivisions and resorts. We are also connected to airlines and different types of vehicles because of partnerships."
"And how does that concern losing a hundred dollars?" Kuya River asked.
Could he not let me finish what I am saying?
"We're always involved into luxurious type of businesses. I was thinking of dropping one, especially the minor partnership we have. But I have came of an idea to put another business instead of dropping one."
"What? We're just going to create another risk of losing more, Miss Vista. And now is not the time for that. Just to remind you, we have lost millions of dollars."
"We always have to take a risk when it comes to business. Realizing that part creates a bigger oppirtunity for the corporation."
"And I haven't forgotten about the hundred million dollars, Ms. Lavinia. Take a look of the printed documents I have prepared. Billions of dollars comes into our accounts monthly. So, why do we have to worry about the money we have lost that doesn't even reach half of our monthly income."
They exchanged glances then nodded. "She's right," A lady whispered.
My ears clapped after they agreed to forget about the hundred million dollars.
"What kind of business are we putting up, Assia?" Dad asked.
"Toy industry, dad," I proudly replied.
An image of a child flashed through my mind. I thought of putting up a business as childish as this based on Kuya, dad and my personality.
I wasn't sure at first but when I saw the ultrasound I had two years ago, I asked myself, why not?
I will put up a toy industry to honor my deceased child who fought hard in my womb.
I managed to convince the executive members to agree with my plans. Dad was hesitant at first, of course.
When the meeting was done, he told me he was worried that I might be doing this because I still can't let go.
I already let go of my child though. I told him that he has nothing to about. After all, three days from now, everything will change.
After a long day, I found myself driving to a Real Estate ran by Exiquel.
I'm not here to see him though. I mean, I am here to see him but not because of some stupid reason. I am just here to sign a contract with him. This is for business purposes. Nothing much, nothing less.
"Do you have an appointment with Mr. Saavedra, Ma'am?"
I was annoyed. They definitely know nothing about me. Seems like most of the employees here are new.
"Madame Athijha," An executive greeted.
Thanks God!
"You know her, Mr. Chavez?" The stupid lady asked.
"Of course, Lim. She's Exiquel's wife," He laughed and escorted me to the top floor.
"It's been so long, Madame," He said. "I never heard anything about you since you vanished like a bubble."
"I was living a peaceful life, Mr. Chavez. Completely opposite of the life I had two years ago."
He checked his wristwatch. "I would love to escort you to the boss's office but I still have something important to do."
"It's okay, Mr. Chavez. I am familiar around here."
I raised my eyebrow when I saw a lady standing by the door of the penthouse.
I was about to reach for the doorknob when she grabbed my wrist.
"What do you think are you doing?" I asked.
She rolled her eyes. "Stopping you? Duh! Let me guess, you are one of the ladies whose so obsessed Mr. Saavedra, right?"
"Let go of me. Who the hell are you?"
"His secretary," She smirked. "And his future wife."
I laughed sarcastically. "You're stupid," I said then opened the door in a swift.
She keeps of pushing me out and telling me to stop hoping for Exiquel to notice me.
Just when she was about to slap me, Exiquel came out of the kitchen.
"Athijha? What are you doing here?" He asked.
"I'm sorry, Sir. She forced her way in," The secretary glared at me.
I rolled my eyes. I walked towards Exiquel then wrapped my arms around his waist. I threw a secretive glance at the secretary then smirked.
"Athijha?" He breathlessly called.
"I'm tired," I mumbled.
"Should I take her out, sir? It seems like she doesn't know her place. Or, should I just drag her out?"
I flashed an annoyed smile then faced the bitchy secretary. I inched our gap. "It seems like you are the who doesn't know her place here Miss Secretary. You're the future wife, you say? Sorry to burst your bubble but Saavedras doesn't practice polygamy," I smirked. "You're just a secretary, I am the wife."
I went closer to Quel then clung on his arm. "I believe I have the power to fire you as well," My smirk widened when tears started to form in her eyes. "Bye, Miss Secretary. You are fired."
She stamped her foot then ran away crying her heart out.
I rolled my eyes. I moved away from Quel then sat on the couch comfortably.
"Damn, this is such a long day," I mumbled.
I sighed then closed my eyes.
"What was that all about, Athijha?" Quel asked curiously.
I opened my eyes. "I am too tired today and she just got on my nerves," I waved my hands. "You can hire her again if she's such a precious secretary for you."
He chuckled while looking at me with amusement. "You're jealous," He stated.
I rolled my eyes. "No, I am not," I defensively replied.
He nodded simultaneously. "I'm not sure about that," He laughed. "You're just a secretary, I am the wife," He mimics.
"Shut up!"
"Wife, huh?" He teased. "What is my wife doing here, then?"
I was about to talk about the contracts when I was suddenly reminded by my consciousness that he has no knowledge that I am a Vista yet. He doesn't know. And how careless can I be to personally discuss something about this under my real name?
I cleared my throat then knocked my head at the back of my mind.
"I am a secretary as well but never have I ever done that to my boss," I flipped my hair then placed the printed documents on the table.
"You're a secretary? Secretary of whom, wife?"
I glared at him then flipped my hair.
"Secretary of Thames Gaddiel Vista," I said.
His jaw fell on the floor. "Hold on, hold on. I think I heard you wrong. Did I just hear you say Thames Gaddiel Vista?"
I nodded. "Why? Is there a problem?" I asked.
He put back the documents in the folder then sat in front of me. He was pouting like a child and I wanted to laugh at how he looks so bad.
"You should have applied to me," He said as his eyes started to water. Well, it looks like he's forcing himself to cry and act like I just wrecked his whole entire life. "I will be beyond happy to take you in, baby."
I really don't know if I should laugh or feel disgusted because of the way he acts.
He took my hand. "I will sign this contract only if you-"
"Not happening, Mr. Saavedra," I intervened after realizing where this talk is heading to. "And I came here as a secretary, not as your wi- acquaintance."
He chuckled then hovered over me. There was this teasing smirk plastered on his lips. "Eh? You're my acquaintance now? I thought I heard you said that you are my wife."
I pushed his face away. "Please do sign the contract now, Mr. Saavedra. I am damn tired to deal with childishness after dealing with countless paper works," I impatiently demanded.
I know I am not in the position to demand though.
I don't know if he'll really sign those papers. I really can't trust that small smirk of his.
He moved away from me then took the pen hanging on the collar of my attire. He started signing the papers then handed them to me.
I looked at him with disbelief. His stupidity at this moment is beyond my capability to comprehend.
"Done, wife," He winked.
"Thank you," I mumbled.
I was about to stand up when I remembered about the text I sent him.
He raised his eyebrows when I glared at him. "What is it again, wife?"
"You didn't reply," I muttered.
His forehead creased. "What? I can't understand it, wife. Say it louder, please," He grinned.
I stamped my foot. "Stop embarrassing me, will you?"
He chuckled. "I think I heard something about not replying and such," He teased.
I can feel my face heating up. I averted my gaze. This bastard.
"So, why are you really here?" He asked then handed me a coffee. "As far as I can remember, I already signed an agreement with the ma-" He halted. "Nevermind that. But, I was sure we had an agreement that Saavedra's Corp will always be a part of Vista Grande's projects," He said. He still look confused though.
I balled my fist as I gritted my teeth. I can imagine my brother's annoying smirk at this moment. Thames Gaddiel, why the hell did you even sent me here?
Suddenly, his eye brightened. "Oh! He's probably shipping you with me now," He said. "I kept on talking about you with my friends lately," He chuckled. "Never have I ever thought that he'll make an opportunity for me."
Kuya River, I will definitely kill once I'm home. Should I roast you? Throw in an aquarium filled with piranhas? Feed you to the sharks? Shoot you? Or should I just leave you hanging on the ceiling.
I really can picture them planning this stupid thing.
"I'm going home," I said while hiding my burning face.
"Wait, about not replying to your message," He mentioned which made my face heats even more. He scratched his nape. "I am just testing if you're gonna miss me. It turns out, you did, wife."
This motherfucking asshole. If I ever strangle this man to death right here, right now, will I go to jail?
I took my shoes off them threw it to him.
"Chill, Jha, I missed you too," He said then charged towards me.