Chapter 125

"Stop, both of you, please stop." Their attention came back to their mother. "Clea, it's not her fault, it's not your sister's fault. Stop blaming her." Her eyes watered again. "Y-you see, she came back. Your sister came back."
"And you believed her lies? Who knows, maybe, maybe she's just Athijha's obsessed fan and undergone plastic surgery to look like my sister."
"And what do you mean when you said that I am a badluck? That I am a blacksheep? You also believes in me, perhaps?" Athijha smirked. "Or did you have me tested? Did the DNA test resulted positive, sneaky rat?"
Clea's eyes widened and a glimpse of horror passed through her eyes. And so did I. "H-how did yo-"
When?
What?
How?
What's happening?
"Clea? What did you do?" Clio Alonso asked out of confusion.
Clea let out a nervous laugh and played the role of an angel when her eyes and our mother's met, but when she turned to her sister, her sheep clothing flew away.
Athijha flashed a glimpse of a victorious smile before looking down. Athijha kicked Clea's designer bag and it revealed the documents of her transactions, including the DNA results stating that I am the real Athijha Esmeray Alonso of Solstice Empire.
Athijha stepped on the documents I wanted to grab. "Do you know that I can sue you for this? Performing a DNA test without permission." She laughed. "Mother, look at my sister. She's being impulsive." Athijha wore an angelic smile.
She picked the crumpled papers and handed it to their mother. "C-Clea," Mom called with a trembling voice. She hugged Clea and cried on her shoulders. "Clea, your sister's finally home."
I watched them from the corner of the room, astounded. Wondering if this side of Athijha has existed a long time ago.
The day after tomorrow, I texted her. Countless times and I received not even a single dot as a response.
I even tried to visit her at the Miller's house once and they told me that Athijha already left.
{Love, are you busy? Do you mind meeting me at the cliff?}
{I miss you, love :<}
{Love, answer my calls please?}
{Love, did you lose your phone? Somebody spoke to me using your number.}
{Don't you want to talk to me, love? Are you avoiding me? :<}
{Love, are you mad?}
{I'm sorry if I brought you there without informing you first.}
I started feeling anxious when I couldn't find her anywhere.
It's as if she really was just a ghost and now, she vanished in the thin air just like a bubble.
Was it a bad idea that I brought her back to that place?
Did I make another stupid mistake? Damn it!
Please, love, don't vanish as if you've ascended to the moon again.
[Hi, love. How are you? You don't want to talk to me so I'll just talk to you this way. How's your day, love? I'm sorry about what I did two days ago. That was so insensitive of me, I know. It's just that, I wanted to see your sweet smile again. And I wanted to witness your family reunion. I didn't expect thing to turn that way, though. I'm so sorry, love.]
[Hi, love. It's me again. Have you heard my voice-mail yesterday? I bet not, I called earlier and it was answered by the same girl who claimed to be your friend. She told me that you've been spending your time at the seashore so I went to the place where you almost drowned yourself before, hoping that you're there...
... Since you're not responding to any of my texts and calls, I'll just confess something to you since it felt nostalgic when I got there...
...The night you almost drowned was our second month together. I bet you heard something, right? You even dropped the cake and the box of necklace you were supposed to give me...
-I chuckled.
...I wanted you to hear that even if nothing's really happening. I wanted you to think that I'm cheating to make you file divorce asap because of some circumstances which is not related to Clea...
...I got worried when you left, speeding. So I decided to follow you. I was grateful I did, because if I didn't, I might have lost you in a blink of an eye...
...When I saw you walking into the deep part, I thought you just wanted to take a dip. But when you didn't resurface after a short while, I got alarmed so I pulled you into the surface...
...Do you know how broken you were that night? I regretted doing that but I never gave up on pushing you away. I was scared because you made me feel something foreign and I never know how to deal with it...
...I love you so much, love. You've doubted my feelings for you but trust me, whatever I'm feeling for you is genuine. My love for you is genuine, love...
...Talk to you soon, love. I hope I'll hear your voice tomorrow. I love you to the moon and back.]
[Hi, love. Have you seen your niece yet? Clea's child? Who am I kidding, I'm sure you haven't. Clea left her here earlier. We call her Andra. I told her about you earlier, she loves to hear your name. If...]
I hung up for a second and went silent but the voice-mail is still on going. I was planning to end it now but I still have something I wanr to say.
[He should be on the same age as her, right? If he didn't left... if he wasn't snatched awag from us, he probably can walk now. Our baby's probably amzing. A child of an Architect and a model. Damn, our baby must be perfect. I'll leave this voice-mail here again, love. Talk to you tomorrow. I love you so much.]
I sent her voice-mails every single day. Not getting tired of waiting for her response.
I can't allow you to fade away again, love. I won't be able to live if it ever happens again.
I called her countless times as well and someone's always answered the phone to tell me that Athijha doesn't want to talk to me yet.
But then, I still have the guts to keep on reaching out for her.
"Hello, good morning. Can I speak to Athijha Alonso?" I asked.
My eyes are a bit fuzzy and my throat feels dry to drinking gallons of alcohol.
I got a little hopeless when I heard a sigh. [Sure,] She answered.
"I am sure I only had one glass of tequila. But damn, I think I'm drunk. You sounds like my wife so much." I responded which made the person on the other line sighed again.
But it really is her voice. I've heard it countless times and I am quite sure it's hers.
[This is Athijha, Saavedra,] She said.
"I don't believe you. My Athijha won't tell me that she is a Saavedra for now. My baby is mad at me."
She filled a divorce paper before. She believes we're not married anymore.
[What the hell are you talking about? I didn't claim to be a Saavedra. I called you by your Surname because I thought I will be too rude to call you an asshole. But guess what? Nevermind. Talk to me when you are sober, Exiquel Saavedra.]
"Wait," I uttered as I try to process that she's finally answered my call. "Love, finally! After two weeks of waiting, you finally talked to me."
I was damn happy that I immediately sober up.
[What do you want, Saavedra? I am sure as fuck that you did not just called for a senseless thing, right?] She muttered in a rude tone.
"Of course, don't worry, love. I am sober. I just thought I was hallucinating. Love, I'm sorry about what happened."
[Sorry is not enough, Exiquel.]
I went in silence after she said that. My breathing was rugged while I can hear her calm breathing.
It must be heaven to be the air she breathes.
"Athijha," I called. "Love, can we meet today?" I hopefully asked.
[No,] She declined with a stern voice. [I have some important things to do.]
Is she working? Did she find a job? I remember her telling me she doesn't want to go back to the Solstice Empire.
"Oh, is that so? Maybe you can tell me where you are? And can I drop by and bring you some foods or anything you want." I offered in a hopeful tone.
[No, I am outside the country at the moment. I'll meet you once I am back.]
I was about to ask how she's doing when she ended the call.
I attempted to call her again but it seems like she's turned her phone off.
At least I got to talk to her even just for a little while.