Chapter 42 - Sonia and Shadow in love

Start from the beginning

Sonia felt so sorry for him and said as she looked away, "I-I'm so sorry. That happened to you."

Shadow looked at her and said, "You shouldn't be." Sonia then placed a hand on his shoulder and said, "Well I had a few heartaches myself. Though none of them could love me... For me."

Shadow looked at her and said, "I see. Hmm... Ya know... We can maybe get to know each other a lot more if you want."

Sonia then said to him, "Sure. I-I would like that." Shadow smiled at the princess of Mobius. During the next few weeks.

Shadow and Sonia started hanging out often. On the night they confessed. They started to sing in a beautiful part of the jungle:

Song begins:

Sonia: You′re waking meadows in my mind. (Jungle flowers bloom on the vines.) Making waves across my tide. (Hears the river nearby making waves.) Oh no, oh no (she looks away and blushed.) I got a strange magic... Oh what a... (Feeling safe around Shadow.)

Both: Strange magic. Oh it's a... Strange magic.. I got a strange magic (both Shadow and Sonia walked to the path as they held hands.)

Shadow: You′re sailing softly through the sun (sees another river slowly flowing under the moon.)

Sonia: Softly through the sun

Shadow: Of a land I've always known. You fly (Faces the river as he jumps on a nearby stone.)

Sonia: You fly... (just to the stone too.)

Shadow: So high (continued until they reached the other side of the river.)

Sonia: So high.. (Shadow catches her.)

Both: I get a...Strange magic. Oh, what a strange magic. Oh, it's a strange magic. Got a strange magic. (Both looked around and walked to see a lot of glow flies as they looked around the beautiful part of the jungle.)

Sonia: Oh I...

Shadow: Oh I...

Sonia: Never gonna be the same again. (Never felt love so powerful before. Let alone the ultimate life form.)

Shadow: Never gonna be the same again.

Sonia: Now I′ve seen the way it′s got to end (Sonia's heartaches have ended)

Shadow: Got to end

Sonia: Sweet dreams.

Shadow: Sweet dreams.

Both: Sweet dreams. Got a strange magic. Oh, what a strange magic. Oh, it's a strange magic. Got a strange magic. Got a strange magic. (Both went to the village gazebo and started slow dancing.)

Sonia: It′s magic

Shadow: It's magic

Sonia: It′s magic

Both: Got a strange magic. Oh, what a strange magic. Oh, it's a strange magic. Got a strange magic. Got a strange magic (both slow their dancing a little as they blushed.)

Sonia: It′s magic...

Shadow: It's magic...

Sonia: It's magic...

Shadow: It′s magic....

Both: It′s magic...

Both: It's magic...

The song ended as Shadow said, "Sonia? I love you."
Sonia felt relieved that Shadow felt the same as her. She replied as she hugged him, "I love you too Shadow at he hedgehog."

<flashback ends>

Sonic and Manic looked at each other before Sonic said, "So that's how it really happened. So why the short version?"

Sonia sighed and said, "Shadow and I agreed if you guys find out, we may not bore you two with the long version."

Manic simply said, "Right... Sonic. Don't forget when your ready to finish off Eggman once and for all. You know what has to be done."

Sonic nodded and said, "Yes brother. Once Eggman is dead you can proceed to become the king of mobius just after Mom and Dad retire from the thrown."

Thats when Shadow appeared and said, "Sonic. Your not gonna hear this even from me. But I got some good news and bad news." Sonic asked, "What is it faker?" Shadow then said, "The Good news is your uhh.. keeping up with your protecting everyone's ideya."

Sonia asked, "Sweetie? What's the bad news." Shadow replied to Sonia with a concern look, "The bad news is. We actually have 11 weeks until it happens." The group gasped just after they heard that.