37

We've arrived at the building, where the banquet was supposed to be held. "You look pretty today," Hanma whispered to me, observing my expensive dress, which was a birthday gift from a famous Italian brand. "I always look pretty," i whispered back, winking at him, making the poor guy all flustered. This is fun.

The concierge bowed, seeing us, and deliberately opened the grand, splendidly carved doors, designed in golden-white tones, emphasizing the atmosphere of the evening. "Welcome." He added, genuinely smiling at me and Hanma, on which we nodded and replied back with a quiet 'thank you'.

As soon as the doors opened, the present 'audience' switched their gazes to us, as we slowly descended the stairs, making our way to the guests. I took a moment to admire the features of every figure in this room, everything seemed just delightful!

Several artists, famous stars, fashionistas, models, businessmen already greeted me. I hoped to only see the leaders of various parties and companies, yet it felt like the governor 'collected' every bigwig possible and just wealthy people. Then i hope Yuzuha and Hakkai were invited as well.

I excused myself, leaving Hanma alone with the extensive perverse oldies, making my way to the drinks. No white wine for today, i had enough on my private jet. "Having hard time picking drinks, Madam?" Someone called me out, scaring the living hell out of me. I turned to the person and gasped,

"Hakkai!"

I was overwhelmed with joy, after seeing my old friend. "Where is your sis?" I asked, looking around to spot Yuzuha among the guests.

"She's over there." He pointed at some direction. "But we will be leaving soon anyway. Heard you will announce something important, right, Miss Aruna Lesa?" He winked at me and giggled. I warmly smiled at him, he's probably only used to me, Emma and Hinata out of all women. Hakkai helped me choose a drink, which was rather tasty, unlike the white wine. Oh wait, this is just the dry red one.

Soon enough youngest Shiba excused himself to greet others, while i decided to find his sister, my beloved Yuzuha. The sound of my heels echoed throughout the room, making everyone present pay attention to me once again. I could feel a lot of stares on me. All eyes on me in the center of the ring, just like a circus. Mostly, they admired me, my appearance and the graceful posture of mine, that cost me a lot, by the way. However, some of the stares were screaming jealousy and pure envy. Not like i cared much, i'm better than everyone in here.

I spotted a beautiful woman, who was standing back to me, but i still managed to recognize my old best friend in her. "Yuzuha!" I gently called her out, tapping on her shoulders. The lady turned to me and immediately changed in face: from annoyance to plain cheer. "Aruna!" She hugged me tightly, caressing my back. We started whispering the latest news to each other.

You should've seen her jaw drop, when i mentioned me and Senju almost getting shot dead by our potential allies. We laughed, like in old good days.

"Remember how you were working at the cafe? Look at you now, fine ass woman!" She wiped fake tears, chuckling in between. I've been longing to hear this laugh in years, glad to see you again, Yu.

Hearing that her and Hakkai needed to leave already, i got really deplorable. Maybe next time we can hang out again?

I went back to Hanma, who was trying to flirt with some lady, and then stopped, after spotting me.

That's why i started flirting with her instead.

The woman left, all flustered, leaving now me and Shuji alone. "And you're not gonna spare flirting time for me?" He pouted, taking offense from my action. Good.

Torn apart | S. ManjirouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara