70

There's a few things that never left my mind ever since I moved back. What were these weird dreams I kept getting? And mostly...

Why did I stop seeing them?

The same field with bright yellow tulips, younger me and Mikey. The breathtaking view, that was always followed by someone's death.

I kept replaying Yuka's words in my head. What did she mean by me regretting my actions?

One thing was clear — she wouldn't hesitate to frame in front of Mikey. And that's what I was scared of.

I didn't know, if going back to the office was the best option, especially after witnessing two deaths. The events greatly traumatized me, I still didn't feel real.

Maybe it's a dream? A really vivid one?

"This is driving me crazy," I sighed, shifting on my chair. My heart was beating at an insane speed, heavy breaths weren't as helpful anymore. The anxious feeling got down to my stomach, worsening my state by every second. I tapped my foot, trying to calm myself down, though it seemed useless.

I clicked my tongue and decided to walk around the room, maybe that way I could keep my mind busy out of my own thoughts.

The silent room was now filled with quiet footsteps, adding life to the dull cabinet.

Then, all of a sudden, I stopped on my tracks, as if sensing something go slightly off. I was right: the busy building seemed to be muffled down. Did I enter some sort of trance? Or, perhaps, something was going on outside?

I didn't have courage to step out of my office, because the thought of Mikey seeing me was scaring me away. I didn't know whether Yuka told him everything from her own point of view, and I also couldn't bear to face him after knowing what he had done. Seriously, he convinced me that he cut all ties with my parents, but here he went chitchatting with them for the hundredth time?

...

Mikey soon left the hospital and people in that ward behind. His mind was focused on getting revenge for baby Shinichiro, Hanma and Kaori.

"That fucking traitor..." Manjirou cursed under his breath. Though he didn't want to believe Yuka, he had no choice. Everything she said turned out to be right, and it wasn't like she has any motives for lying at the moment.

He didn't bother calling Sanzu back, since it wasn't his main concern right now. He was mostly worried about Y/n as well.

Was she aware of the events, that took place in a certain abandoned building? How would she feel, hearing that her future nephew was dead? Or her childhood friend Hanma, who wasn't really a friend back then? Kaori?

The questions filled his head, not leaving the room for answers. Well, his eyes widened at a certain inference.

He will only tell Y/n everything, after he kills the traitor with his bare hands.

He will make this traitor pay for all the suffering him, his family and friends went through.

And after it all ends, Mikey decided to propose to Y/n and have a wedding the following day.

He couldn't bear to wait any longer.

...

A few minutes later Mikey finally reached the Bonten & Navina building. His mind wandered around Emma's loss, and he knew he had to announce it.

Workers welcomed their boss with wide smiles, though he never returned any. He headed to the Bonten office, wanting to report the executives the events.