22

"Young miss, are you okay?"

I opened my eyes and saw some old woman. It was also getting pretty late.

"i'm sorry?"

"You have been sleeping on this bench for hours, so i thought you needed help."

Sleeping?

I looked around. How did i end up on this bench?

I thanked her for raising awareness and she left, handing me a chocolate bar. Did that white haired guy leave me here or it just never happened? I checked my phone and saw messages from that same number:

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Mikey, his sister and their friends are apparently at this location.*address attached* If he asks you where you were, say something like it's not his business or anything else. Ignore and push him away from you.

I recognized the address. Hina's building? Should i go there? No, i won't be able to face everyone. I'll just go home.

As soon as i entered my apartment, i felt like i was going to break down. A lot of shit happened to me in just a few weeks and it was really hard to stay calm and stable. Should i go to the therapist? No, he will need therapy himself.

I closed my door shut, so no one catches me ugly crying.

"How do i keep going? Should i keep going? Would Mikey and others be safe, if i was gone? Maybe i need to run away? But that's selfish... I cant do it to them... But do i have a choice? If i do something wrong, they will get killed."

I stared at myself in the mirror. Is this who i really desired to become?

Eating reduces stress. I will go eat.

Universe probably didn't pick me as a favorite; my fridge was totally empty. My last straw.

Then someone knocked on the door. I quickly wiped away my tears, coughed a couple of times to come back to senses and opened the door. I shouldn't have opened it. I'm a step away from crying my soul out.

"Y/n.." Mikey sighed. He kind of looked.. disappointed? Or maybe i was imagining things.

I looked away, trying not to lock an eye contact.

"Did i do something wrong?"

Please, stop this. He sounded so hurt, that it made my heart ache.

Then, without a single word, he embraced me,

"I love you."

That's it, now i couldn't hold back tears. I sobbed on his shoulder, as he patted my back,

"I'm so sorry for whatever i've done. I was just so sad that we didn't get to spend Christmas together."

I cried even harder, after hearing his words. Why is it me out of all people? Why do i have to do this to him?

I remembered that white haired guy's words and slightly pushed Mikey, making him confused.

"Is something wrong?" He wondered. "Y/n, say something. It hurts me to see you like that."

Maybe i can tell him about everything? But no, he will get impulsive and it can kill him, Emma and others.

I finally found courage to say at least something. "Nothing, please leave."

I bit my lower lip to hold back tears. I stared at Mikey, who was now more than upset.

"Please, explain yourself. I know that something happened to you. Did anyone hurt you again?"