67

Just as I thought that we could sigh in relief, something bad happened again. And when I say bad, I really mean it.

God knows for how long we have been here. It could've lasted for a couple of minutes, yet it felt like eternity. After losing my new friend, I had to find the courage and move on. What Kaori said to Yuka was great, the words had a deep meaning, indeed.

And as the heart of black haired woman's stopped beating, the other female's one started pounding insanely. The rage filled her up, mind went totally blank, looking for revenge.

Her friend, maybe best friend, maybe even lover died right now from Hanma's gun, so it would be sort of understandable. However, revenge isn't always a great answer.

Is it really a right choice to get revenge? The only person who immediately appeared in my mind was Takemichi. He avenged Kisaki for killing Hinata so many times, yet still he felt empty after his death. When it comes to people murdering your loved ones, revenge seems to be the only correct option.

But is it really?

Right now, I was hesitating with the answer too. In order to get rid of all the "bad" in the world we have to use kindness, suppress it with "good".

My revenge to Mikey was changing everything about me and faking my negative pregnancy test, doesn't seem like a serious revenge, does it? In the end, I regretted a few parts of it.

Regret and revenge are closely linked, since revenge is one of the life decisions, which you can regret or not.

I don't know what was going on in Yuka's head, but her face didn't show any regrets. It screamed sadness and sorrow, as she let out a bullet. She has done a lot of things that ruined people's lives, so maybe karma got to her, but stroke best friend.

I watched the bullet almost in slow motion. My ears rang, seeing the danger in front of me.

But of course, something went totally wrong again.

...

Two weeks before the dispute.

"Mikeyy," Emma cooed, swiftly dancing around the room. She appeared out of nowhere, while her older brother was busy with some business stuff, mainly the awkward situation with Kaori.

Well, about that. Kaori indeed told only half of it.

| | "Oh, I'll tell you. It's a funny story actually," She kissed her teeth. "It started a long time ago. Me and Mikey were really close, at that time you were in France, i guess. We started working on developing and promoting Bonten. Yes, I was the founding member, I guess."

"I helped the company a lot, and when he stopped needing me, he got rid of me. Well, his men assaulted me and got me pregnant. That's how my child was born. I was going to sue them for their crimes, but Bonten kidnapped my poor child, saying that if there's no evidence of assault, aka my kid, then nothing has happened." She said, as her voice cracked.

"Kaori, drop the act, stop telling Y/n lies!" Mikey's voice rasped, mentioning me. I glanced over at him — seems like Kaori's story wasn't enjoyable to hear for him. He clenched his fists, tilting is head in annoyance.

"Or maybe you should stop telling her lies, Sano Manjirou?" Kaori coldly said, putting a gun away from me. |

The real story itself begins when Mikey first met Yuka. And though Mitsukiri never really introduced Kaori to Manjirou, he has seen her at least twice at her house back in his teen years, even before meeting Y/n. He would always ask Yuka about that strange black haired girl, who would peek at the doorway every single time, but she would quickly change the topic.