23

Third person POV:

As Takemichi went to the past, he was shocked to hear, that it was the worst time line ever. Everyone in Tokyo Manji Gang died, Takemichi was the only alive person.

"The suspect to these murders is none other than

                           Sano Manjirou"

Takemichi couldn't believe neither his eyes nor ears. How could such a person like Mikey, who never killed, murder all his friends?

"Of course, my sister wasn't saved. Nor was Y/n," Naoto sighed. "Could there be something you did in past, that triggered this time line?"

Takemichi found the letter and a photo attached. He immediately understood, that it was from Mikey.

Hanagaki flew out to Philippines to that one building mentioned by Mikey in past. He looked the same, so did Takemichi.

They both started chit chatting, like 12 years ago.

"When i killed for the first time, i felt nothing. So i thought that murders can solve everything," Mikey explained.

"You are wrong! Don't talk about murders like that! You still haven't changed, Mikey!" Takemichi grabbed Mikey's shoulders and shouted at him.

Manjirou pushed Takemichi and they both fell, Mikey being on top of Hanagaki.

"What part of you do not understand?" Mikey pressed the gun to Takemichi's forehead. "Grab the gun. If you don't kill me, you'll be the one who dies!"

BANG!!

The gunshot silenced the room. Takemichi looked at Mikey, who was now bleeding.

"Takemichi, are you okay?" Naoto screamed.

"Tachibana Naoto. Thank you.. Takemichi would've been unable to kill me... Finally, it's over... All my life i've been suffering..." Mikey whispered.

"Don't say that! I'll go back in time and save you, no matter what!" Takemichi cried, shaking Mikey's cold body.

"Thank you... your words comforted me... Even if you're telling lies..." Mikey coughed up some blood.

"I haven't seen Y/n in years... I wish she was here... I wish i helped her back then, 12 years ago... I wish i didn't push her away.... Takemichi, please find Y/n and tell her this.."

"If we meet again in our next lives, let's be together... I will keep loving you the way i do in my every life.  Please, forgive me..."

Mikey's body was cold now. Takemichi leaned to his chest, yet there was no heartbeat anymore. He was gone.

"Takemichi?"

A female voice called out from behind. Takemichi turned back and saw a beautiful woman in a silk red dress.

"W-what's going on?..." She asked, switching gazes from Naoto and Takemichi.

"Y/n?" Both said in unison.

"Mikey sent me a letter... Do you know where h-"
Y/n didn't get to finish, as she saw Mikey's dead body in Takemichi's arms.

"Mikey..." She silently cried. "I was too late..."

She kneeled in front of her past lover and grabbed his shoulders, shaking them, hoping to wake him up.

"I'm so sorry, Mikey... I wasn't there for you... These 12 years were the worst..."

As Naoto and Takemichi started talking about further actions, she grabbed a gun.

"Till next time then, Manjirou?"