59

Manjirou laughed. "Great. She even believed me. I made her let the guard down by talking about kids and weddings, I knew she would soften. But don't worry, I'm not catching feelings for her again.  You'll get your revenge."

Tears welled up into my eyes, as I listened to him. Now I wasn't sure of anything. He sounded so serious with them, i couldn't spot any lies. But it was the same with me — he seemed so sincere.

"Once she gets really attached to me, i'll break up with her again. Ah, what a naive girl, she's still the same. I'll snatch the company away from her, making her turn into a nothing. That alliance was sure a nice plan, now we've got more money from Mona Navina." Mikey continued, letting the words almost stab my heart, cutting it into pieces.

"Mikey, you're so intelligent, i would never come up with such an idea of destroying someone." Kyoka giggled, showing him a thumbs up.

Of course, not with the two brain cells you have.

"She also overheard us twice. Even after hearing all the shit i'm going to do to her, she chose to blindly believe me." Mikey said, clicking his tongue.

I covered my mouth, biting my fingers to not let out any sounds. Now I really got the meaning of his question. My hatred towards him is stronger than love. He's done too much for me to forgive him.

I slid down the wall, shaking my head in disbelief. Why was this love hurting me so much?

"I wish I could shoot three of you right here, right now.." I mumbled, pursing my lips together. I checked my phone once again, seeing a lot of missed calls from Kaori.

I gulped down and headed to the targeted warehouse, preparing the documents. It would be my first time giving out the data about my own company, the company i've been building for years. And yet here I was recklessly handing it to an unknown person, because they blackmailed me into doing it. I had no other choice, Emma mattered more to me anyway. But what about Mikey's and company's trust? Mikey broke my trust to him not so long ago, so I won't regret treating him this way too.

"Are you sure that's all?" Kaori asked, observing the stock of papers I brought. I rolled my eyes, hesitantly nodding. She gestured me to sit down, as she started analyzing the data.

"On a scale from 1 to 10 how badly is your company going to go full bankruptcy, once me and Yuka hack all the files by using the passwords?" Kaori asked, not taking her eyes off to look at me.

"Hacking means using your brain cells to figure the passwords by yourself, not threatening the person into giving them to you," I thought.

"Don't know. Depends on how quick you hack us, i guess." I sighed, gritting my teeth in annoyance.

God, I wanted to kill so many people, including Kaori, Yuka, Kyoka, Sato, and maybe Mikey, but i would be glad to strangle him with my bare hands.

"Okay, we'll make sure to do it as slow as possible, so you can suffer more." Kaori grinned, tapping her fingers on the table. "Also, you don't seem like you care about it, are you suicidal or something?"

She sounded so bothered by my personal life, that I couldn't hold it back. "Imagine the love of your life proposes to you, and the next day you hear him say, that it all was a lie. Wouldn't you be suicidal?"