28

"Why so?" Senju tilted her head. They didn't seem surprised by my question at all.

I didn't know what to say. They don't seem like Canadians at all... In fact, they act really suspicious. Especially Wakasa, it's almost like he suspects me in something.

"Oh," i rubbed the back of my head, "I mean...Were you all born there? Yeah, that's what i wanted to ask."

Takeomi squinted his eyes and started typing something on his phone. I'm gonna pray this isn't connected with me.

"Is that what you really meant?" Wakasa noted, shifting on his chair.

"Yeah? Is anything wrong with my question?" I fought back. I don't like this Wakasa guy. The way he looks at me makes me think that he knows everything about me. And with these questions... it's almost like he tries to call my bluff.

He didn't reply to me, just rolled his eyes.
"Well," the girl started, "Why don't we talk about it the other day? I think we should go home, it's getting too late."

Did she avoid my question on purpose? Or could i just be overthinking? What if they really are from
Canada and i'm being paranoid over Tokyo again? I mean... despite their names being Japanese, they could still be from Canada. But still, there's something i find familiar in that girl.

Uh, Y/n... you're trying to look and sound like a detective from some thriller so hard.. Just go home and don't think too much.

"Oh.. Sure! See you later!" I bowed and quickly went to the kitchen before they could start questioning me again.

"Right..." Senju whispered. "See you.. Y/n.."

...

"Yuzuha, what did you mean by the gangs here? Are they from Tokyo?" I sipped coffee, calmly doing my homework.

Yuzuha was cleaning the kitchen. "I'm not so sure though... I was at the library not so long ago, when i noticed a group of people in the same clothes. It might be the gang uniform. They all had oversized hoodies.. Maybe they were the executives or something, because i only saw four people.."

She sat down and sighed, "But you know.. I could be mistaken.. They might just be some fans or wear this specific school uniform. Even though ive never seen such school uniforms.."

I didn't take that seriously. Remembering Tokyo Manji, Moebius, Valhalla and Tenjiku, i could clearly tell that they were intimidating. And why would there be a gang here, in Paris? It's not like someone would send their crew just for me. There's too much of coincidences already...

I still couldn't stop thinking about the guys met today. Wakasa, Takeomi, Benkei and Senju... But it makes them 4?

I stood up from a sudden information wave. "Yuzuha, do you remember how they looked?"

She weirdly looked at me, turning over the pages of a book. "Not really. But one thing i know for sure. There were four of them, all boys."

Phew... Four boys.. Senju is a girl. Then it's alright.

...

A couple of days passed since i last encountered with my canadians. For some reason i felt like i would meet them again, i was sure of it. Today i barely had customers, so i was relived to go home early.

About my goal, i was slowly achieving it. Every day after work i would spend hours just studying the law and everything about business. Approximately two years before i legally become the owner of Shibuya L/n Corporation. I gotta be safe before that time.