66

"Y/n?" Hanma's mouth opened in shock, seeing me here. He pulled out a gun, deciding who to aim at.

"Hanma..." I whispered. It was maybe the first time I was happy to see him, especially after ghosting him for a solid amount of time. He stood there in shock, but he tried his best to not show it as much.

I looked at Kaori — she tensed up, tightening the grip on Emma, who was still unconsciously laying on her back.

"Hanma.. Emma.. She's.." I tried to tell him what happened, but I immediately bursted out in tears. I still couldn't believe it. Maybe it was some mistake? Maybe she was just edging me?

"Y/n.. So you are the traitor?.." Hanma spoke. I could sense a bit of disappointment in his voice, of course, it would be common sense. I glanced at Yuka, who was obviously enjoying the show. I stood up, trying to go closer to Shuji, since two versus two would do better, but he aimed a gun at me.

"Go forward and I'll shoot you." He coldly said, as I could tell he was really being serious. I squinted my eyebrows, my whole body was still trembling.

"Hanma, it's not what it l-"

"Oh really? Do you think I'm gonna believe that?" He grinned in annoyance, clenching his jaw. He switched his gaze to Kaori. "You." He tilted his head towards her. "Give me Emma."

Kaori frightfully looked at Yuka with the corner of her eyes to see her reaction, and the woman crossed her arms. "Now why would I do that?"

Hanma started going closer to me, unlocking the safety lock of his gun.

"I'll shoot Y/n once you do it. It's profitable for both of us, isn't it?"

Tears welled up into my eyes, hearing him say that. Not a single word could describe what I felt at that moment. Maybe I deserved it?

I closed my eyes, turning my head away from them. I wasn't even praying to god, hoping for this to work out, no. I was just simply waiting for this to end, if I was destined to die, I'd just accept it.

A sudden cold breeze fluttered Hanma's suit, making him look even scarier. His eyes were glistening in pain, shock, love, hate, revenge, regret — I really couldn't tell.

Yuka smirked, tilting her head to Kaori. "Place her beside him." Kao nodded, carrying unconscious Emma towards Hanma, and then stood beside Mitsukiri. Her breathing was really shallow, I was scared to lose her too.

I reached my hand out to her, making Shuji shoot the ground an inch away from my foot. I flinched and looked at him. He shook his head, as to saying 'no'. My lower lip quivered in misery, seeing that I got trapped here.

I knew I could die any time soon. I promised to save Mikey's nephew, Emma's and Draken's child, but couldn't do it. I still hated Manjirou for lying to me, but I felt really bad for not keeping my promise.

Suddenly, it got really hard to breathe. My head started spinning like crazy, I started to slowly lose balance. The whole situating was stressing me out and it wasn't good for me.

Neither it was for a child I was carrying.

The child was the reason why I wanted to see Emma. I wanted to make her happy by telling the news, however, I was going to keep it as a secret away from Mikey. Now that Emma lost her child, I didn't know if it would be a good idea to do it. I was the reason of her miscarriage, so my opinion wasn't even valid.

I decided to keep the baby, since I wanted to give him the world. I just wanted to raise the kid and go on a tour around the world, but now I couldn't even predict the outcome of today's dispute.