47

"I have bad news for you," the doctor announced, sighing, looking at his notebook.

I sustained a pause, gathering all my thoughts together, hoping to prevent the most negative ones from coming into my mind.

"Yes?" I asked, drawing circles on my hand.

"Whatever the injury you got, it badly affected your health. At this rate, you could even develop lung cancer."

I gasped, my eyes widening in shock. "Don't tell me that i have a cancer..."

The doctor shook his head, "Not yet."

Ah, amazing, of course now i feel much better, thank you doc.

He gave me the note with medicine i needed, and to be honest, it was rather expensive. It's not like i couldn't afford, but i definitely wasn't planning on spending this much money on my health.

I nodded, and soon enough he left, wishing me good luck with not dragging my ass into crazy shit again.

I laid down on my bed, thinking about everything that happened today. Mikey, Chifuyu, Kazutora, Hina and Takemichi — it was a whole rollercoaster.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I let out an annoyed sigh, cursing the person, who dared to ruin my peace, and made a disgusted face, once i saw the caller.

Hanma.

I hung up on him, placing the phone back on the table. But if you think that Hanma gives up easily — you're wrong. Of course he called me thirteen more times. I was about to pull my hair out, when i got a notification.

Hanma:
I will be working under Mona Navina and Bonten.

I grabbed my head, shaking it in disbelief. This fucker is doing too much.

The hospital employee told me that i could check out today. I carefully packed my stuff, checking the ward three times. Chifuyu was waiting for me outside, i hesitantly left the room, heading to the exit.

Hina's wedding is tomorrow, so i still have to get ready for it: both mentally and physically. Her dress was made by Mitsuya, couldn't wait to see the hyped clothing in person. I also asked Hina about the guest list, we both agreed to tell Emma and Draken about my identity — if anyone, then it's them who had to know. However, we both also made a remark, that if they don't recognize me right away, we will only tell them after the wedding.

Scrolling through the guest list, i couldn't notice anything or anyone fishy. They only invited their friends and family, the majority of the invited were former gang members, mostly from Tokyo Manji.

I tensed up, when i saw Mikey. Sure, he wasn't going to bring the whole Bonten, but what if he decides to take Yuka with him?

Chifuyu safely drove me home, well, it was Senju's house, but that doesn't matter. I tightly hugged him, inhaling his expensive perfume in. Shit, he looked so luxurious. We waved goodbye, and as i was about to open the door, someone behind me coughed.

My eyes widened, the breath hitched, i was trying to reduce extra moves and minimize them.

"Hello there, missy." The person spoke, no, i was wrong, there were at least two people. I furrowed my eyes, realizing that i've heard these voices before. Then it finally hit me. Bonten.