9

"Haruyama? When did you come back?" I asked the boy, getting shocked at the sudden visit.

"Is it all you can ask your boyfriend? Who was that guy?" The male coldly replied, making me look at him weirdly: he would always throw boyfriend jokes after rejection, but this time i wasn't in the right mood for it.

"A boyfriend? I told you that i don't love you back... Stop dredging up the past.." I mumbled.

"I don't care what you say. I will make you mine," He said, getting closer to me and laughing. I pushed him away, "Leave me alone. I will never love you back. Your jokes are getting out of hand."

He scoffed and ruffled my hair, making me click my tongue. Eventually, the male left. But for how long? If people keep coming out of the blue and not letting me live happily, i might as well as die soon. No seriously,  for the past month i've gotten into awful situations too many times.

I locked the door and just silently sat on my bed, reminiscing the events of this day. I didn't want to sleep yet, as the thoughts kept fighting each other in my head. This damn Haruyama ruined my sleep schedule for today.

...

Today i finally woke up without people banging on my door. To be honest, i was weirded out by people's obsession with my doors. Well, i said that no one banged on my door? I was wrong, since a minute later i heard loud knocks on it.

I opened the door and saw Haruyama there. "I thought i made it clear to leave me alone!" I hissed.

"Well, i thought i made it clear that you will be mine!" He laughed, making me worried. He was acting really weird, which i didn't like. I wanted to slap the shit out of him, but someone called him. I saw the contact name. Kisaki. Ugly ass name. Worse than Haruyama.

He excused himself and went downstairs. To my luck, he didn't know, that i would still be able to hear him. For some reason my heart felt uneasy about this, so i decided to eavesdrop, as the whole sudden visit was giving me chills.

-Yeah Kisaki i met them yesterday. No, they're not dating.
-...
-But why would i need to kill her if he doesn't care about her?
-...
-Are you sure that will make Mikey pissed?
-...
-But she doesn't love me either. Do you just want me to continue this acting?
-...
-But she was my friend of years! I cant keep lying to her. Just fuck you, Kisaki, I'll tell her everything.
-...
-Try and kill me then?

That was their last communication. Seems like one of them hung up. I had so many questions.

I would be dumb, if i said i didn't know who he's talking about. How are me, Mikey, Haruyama and some Kisaki connected? Well, Haruyama was my childhood friend. He soon moved away to Canada. But is there any chance that Mikey knows Kisaki? Kisaki sound evil... How am i his problem? What would make Mikey pissed? Why does everyone think we're dating? I'll just ask Haruyama since he wants to tell me everything anyway.

I got up and ran downstairs. Haruyama looked at me smiling, which made me alert. Just a second before he looked like a bastard, and now he seemed like a true friend he was.

"Take care, Y/n." Was what he said, before i heard a gunshot.

I looked at Haruyama, who was now laying there lifeless. He got shot in head. I fell down on my knees. "No, no, this can't be happening!" I mumbled,  as tears started forming in my eyes.

I was now looking at the dead body of my friend of 10 years, it felt like a never ending dream. We met in primary school, when he failed a few subjects, making the teacher ask for my help. Eventually we got to be friends, but a few years later he moved to Canada. On his last day in Tokyo he called me up to hang out, and later in the evening he confessed his feelings. I didn't feel the same way, so i politely rejected him.