43

The moment i silenced, he dropped the knife. "W-who's here?" Mikey asked.

I gasped, covering my mouth and hiding behind the wall. Did he hear me? No, no, no... It's nonsense... He couldn't, even if he could, that's just a dream.

"It's your inner voice. Now go and ask Emma to cook food for you." I snickered, coming up with a plan to mess with this Mikey's mind.

And as a programmed robot, Mikey went to knock on Emma's room. I quickly ran and hid alongside the door, eavesdropping. "Emma, i'm hungry, make me something to eat!" The boy demanded, his eyes roaming around the room.

"Go make it yourself, Emma is not your maid. Ungrateful ass kid!" My younger self shouted, causing Emma to shake her, as to saying that it wasn't necessary.

Mikey switched his gaze to younger me, quietly observing. He rubbed the back of his head and whispered, "I knew i had to do it myself..."

Manjirou wasn't following the memory at all. What's going on? I stood behind him, looking back and forth at him and myself. Their eyes were locked in a contact, a long contact. How come i never noticed this moment being much longer? For now it felt like an eternity, no one said a single word.

"Mikey, don't be dumb. She called you ungrateful. Are you going to let it flow easily? Say something back," i whispered to him in the ear, making his eyes widen in shock. If this was a memory dream, then i'd make it go as planned.

Seems like my words made effect on him, as his nerves started popping up. "Emma, what is this creature? I don't want her around our house!" He slammed the door and heavily exhaled.

I could read slight fear in his eyes. "Why is the inner voice similar to that girl's voice?" He muttered, looking at his shaky hands. I was as surprised as him, how could he be hearing me? Am i getting Mikey's point of view on our memories? Am i changing something?

Suddenly, a door started shining with a bright light, as if calling me to go through it. I hesitated but still went through it. In an instant i was flashed, as i felt myself ending up in a new place. I looked around and spotted myself being outside, alongside some cafe. I squinted my eyes. "Don't tell me it's-"

"Yes, Mikey's wifey is working at that cafe, go and do some shit to her. Entertain me." Someone said near me. I froze, recognizing this voice. No way.

I turned back and saw Hanma talking to Moebius people. I kept switching gazes from them and him, trying to solve the puzzle. Shuji lit up a cigarette and sat on the bench, observing his tattoos. I sat beside him, he wouldn't spot me anyway. Some of the gangsters went inside, the others just left.

"Y/n, Y/n.... If it wasn't for Kisaki, i would-" He chuckled, pulling out his phone and calling someone. "Kisaki, job is almost done. What's next? What? Festival? Amazing~"

I tilted my head, trying to reminisce old days. He said something about festival... Right! As i kept thinking, i spotted Mikey, who was heading to the cafe. I stood up, going with him. Mikey ordered a kids meal, so now he's supposedly fighting with me over a flag.

I sat against Mikey, he was peacefully devouring his meal. I looked back at my younger self and tensed up, seeing her come up to that one table. In a moment she got pulled into the lap of a guy, it was painful to watch.