25

Third person POV:

Three of them watched Y/n walk away. Only Takemichi knew that she was moving countries, he didn't know the exact place though. He could go back to the future and ask Naoto, but both him and Naoto were probably dead from Izana shooting them, so he had to wait for the Tenjiku vs Toman fight.

Mikey stayed silent. Was he thinking about her? Or about the fight?

Emma put the envelope in her purse and looked at her brother. "Alright, now tell me what did i just witness?"

He didn't answer her, not like he didn't want to. He just didn't know that either.

"I.. Broke up with Y/n because it's better for her," He finally muttered.

"Better for her? Cant you see how much she's hurting? Mikey, for once, can you think before you act?" Emma scoffed.

"But she's always being attacked because she means a lot to me! I cant just sit back and watch. If we aren't together, no one will attack her!" He raised his voice.

"But Mikey..," The girl sighed, "What if she leaves you forever? What if you hurt her so much, that she will never agree to come back..."

"I don't care." He coldly replied, attempting to hide the lie in his words.

"She saved me today and you told her to stay away from us. Are you seriously gonna let it happen? You still love her!" Emma crossed her arms.

"We weren't meant for each other from the start, so why even bother? One of us will die anyway. If that is going to be me, i wouldn't want Y/n to feel this sad. I cant see her cry.

          So it's better if she would look at me with eyes full of hatred." He sighed, almost tearing up.

"Mikey... She's definitely going to do something. She's either dying or leaving Tokyo for a long period of time! Go fucking stop her, or else you will lose her forever!" Emma put her hands on his shoulder.

He looked at the sky. "I'm letting her go."

Then he remembered the words she said a couple of days before.

"The sunset is beautiful, isn't it, Mikey?"

That's what she said. She loved him, but was letting go. They both now were.

But were they really? No. And they both knew it. They simply wanted the best for each other.

But would it be best for them, if the only source of happiness was their love? In the end, Izana has torn them apart. It doesn't matter, if they weren't physically close to each other now or that they probably won't meet again. The only thing that was clear — their love was everlasting. It will always be. If they happen to never find joy again, they will look back to past and smile over the memories they shared together.

It's hard to let people go. Usually, it takes a lot of courage. It took both Y/n and Mikey great volition to do such a thing. They both still cared for each other and had no clue about it.

On one hand, Y/n decided to leave Tokyo to not hurt herself and others. She was being threatened all the time. If she stayed here, her loved ones would get killed and she would have to join Tenjiku and always stick with them. If she disappeared, there will be no one to threaten anymore.

On the other hand, Mikey secretly knew that. But he decided to play it off, while breaking up with her. He needed a valid reason for a breakup, Y/n wouldn't let him do it, if she knew that it was only for her sake. That's why he mentioned her "affair" with Izana, but he knew very well Y/n loved Mikey. She would never do something like that to him.