26

"Do you think he will come?" Yuzuha looked into my eyes.

"I don't think... about him." I lied. Well, i was glad that Yuzuha was going with me to France. She wanted to become a model manager. As far as i knew, Hakkai was supposed to visit us in a couple of years.

"You're lying," she sighed. "Kokonoi probably sent him the address... He will be here any minute."

As much as i tried to lie to Yuzuha, i couldn't lie to myself. I was waiting for him. I hoped he would stop me. But he never came. And i knew he wasn't coming.

Even if i believed his bullshit about his new lover earlier, i realized it was just some lie. Or at least I hoped it was.

Our flight was in an hour. I had enough money from my parents, so we decided to rent an apartment for some time, while we would be working on part time jobs. Yuzuha knew i didn't want to see my family, at least for now. We also were still middle schoolers, so we had to attend french schools. To our luck, we both knew the language. Yuzuha knew french, because she always wanted to move here with Hakkai. And i knew french, because i was there once with my parents and i knew i would have to come here again.

Minutes were passing, but there was no sign of Mikey. What am i hoping for? I wondered if Emma gave him the letter.

Third person POV:

Mikey, come home. Now.

Mikey sighed, hanging up on his sister. What does she want now?

Still, he had no choice, but to go home. He looked at his watch. An hour before her flight.

Emma was already waiting for him.

"What do you want?" He tried his best to not argue right now.

"Here." The girl said and handed him a beautiful envelope.

"And this is...?"

"Y/n's letter to you. Read it." She pressed her lips together, changing her loud voice into a whisper. "Please."

At first, he didn't want to even hold it. But curiosity took over him. What if she wrote where to find her?

Mikey took an envelope and carefully opened it. He observed the letter, which was rather long.

"To Mikey.

Hey, Mikey. If you're reading this, i'm probably gone."

He felt his heart sink, as he read these words. The realization slowly hit him. She really was gone. Probably forever. Whose fault? No one knows.

"It's really hard for me to write this. Where did things go wrong?"

He grit his teeth. As if i know, he thought. But he did want to know as well.

"As im writing this, i keep remembering old days. Remember the night we met?"

That night changed their lives. Who knows how they would be right now, if Y/n hadn't befriended Emma or Mikey cooked for himself. He tightened the grip on the paper, as memories flooded his mind. He will never forget her e/c eyes that looked at him with pure annoyance.

"Of course you do. Did you learn how to cook though? Just kidding! You did amazing on the day when i checked out of the hospital."

Once again, memories flashed in his head. He still remembered that day, like it was yesterday. How he made food for both of them, how they got really childish and fooled around with flour. His lips slightly curved in a smile. A smile full of pain.