30

I had so many questions in my head, yet there wasn't a single answer.

Me and Yuzuha kept eavesdropping, hoping to hear more useful information.

"We don't have to say anything to him," Wakasa loudly announced, "Do you get it, Takeomi?"

Seems like the only lost people here were me, Yuzuha and Senju. Three men exchanged glances, smirking, while Senju didn't "get" anything.

"Oh, you don't know it, Senju?" Wakasa tilted his head and unwrapped a lollipop.

She just kept on nervously smiling, not really realizing the meaning of their glances and words. She stepped back and shook her head, as to saying "no."

"Well," The blonde lilac guy started, "As i said, we don't have to say anything to Mikey..," He paused, hinting that his next line is going to be rather important,

"Because Mikey is already here.

We will let him meet our Y/n and decide, whether she is the one or not, since he knows how she looks like and we don't."

His words echoed in the alley. As soon as he said it, everything went dead silent. Now my head was filled with more questions. How did he come here? Did grandpa let him go? Did Koko pay for the tickets? Was my call a trigger? Does he want to meet me?

"W-What? Since when?" Senju stuttered out.

"Since now, right, Mikey?" Takeomi said, patting his sister's head.

MIKEY??

I was about to pull my hair out and bang my head against the wall. I totally didn't expect such a plot twist. Mikey didn't just send these guys to find me, but he even came here himself? How desperate can he be?

"Now, now, Takeomi, why didn't you include Senju in our plan?" The new figure spoke. The voice was painfully familiar, of course, it belonged to my lover. My past lover.

"Tsk, she got too close with that Y/n Agreste and didn't want to betray her, if she was your Y/n.." Takeomi laughed, lightly punching Senju.

"Y/n Agreste, you say.... And how did she look like?" Manjirou spoke, tapping his foot. I wasn't peeking anymore, i couldn't bear to see him. No, i didn't want to see him. However, deep inside, i really loved him, no matter what. But wouldn't it be easier for him to just call me and talk about it?

"Average." Wakasa blurted out.

I was ready to kill him. Sick mother fucker. I knew he didn't like me. And now he's calling me mediocre?

"I see," Manjirou sighed, "Did she have any necklace?"

"Oh yeah, she-"

"No. No necklace." Senju didn't let Wakasa finish.

"I want to see her. Let's all come to that cafe tomorrow," Mikey said, leaving the four of them there.

I was freaking out. Should i skip work tomorrow?

...

Guess what? My boss said that all other workers collectively caught a flu and i can't skip today. Sounds really really suspicious. Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if Mikey or these guys threatened him.

But i have no choice, so now i'm sitting in the kitchen, getting prepared. I didn't take off my necklace, it was too valuable for me. And it really doesn't matter, since Mikey will recognize me anyway.

The bell on the door rang, signaling that i have customers. "Hello? Is anyone here?" Takeomi shouted. Shit.

I walked out to them and tried my best to not gasp when i saw him with them. He was shocked as well, but he immediately hid it. I looked at Senju, her face was showing tons of emotions. I forgave her, the way she "defended" me yesterday was enough. I had mad respect for this girl.