14

I woke up, hearing strange sounds. As i opened my eyes, i found myself on the beach. What? Was i dreaming or something? Didn't i just get stabbed?

The beach wasn't crowded at all, in fact, there was only four people, including me. I spotted a middle-aged couple and some handsome guy, probably in his twenties. The woman and the guy had black hair, while the man — blonde. I suppose, they're a family.

But what am i doing here? Who are these people? And...

Where's my family?..

I kept staring at them splashing water on each other. I wish i could've played like this with my parents. I've never really communicated with my parents enough. They were always busy at work, too busy to spend time with their own child. Do i even deserve to be loved by anyone? I blindly believed Hanma, but he played with me feelings and me. And now Mikey...

"Mikey..." I mumbled. It's all his fault! If he left me alone, i wouldn't have been stabbed. But wait... it isn't his fault at all.. and.. where am i? Is it America? Or did i get stabbed and then flied out to France, as i promised?

So many questions and not even a single answer. Suddenly, someone covered my mouth and started suffocating me. I was laying on the sand with sunglasses near me, so i looked in them to see the person. But as soon as i saw the reflection, i started crying.

It wasn't someone i knew.

It wasn't a human even.

It was...
Devil?
Lucifer?

It was someone from hell. So does that mean... i'm in heaven right now?

As he started dragging me, i started hearing some voices, like they were in my head. But it was so loud too.

"We're losing her... her pulse..."

"Don't worry, she will make it.."

"She's too young to die.."

"Nurse, pass me the needle!"

"Did you get the blood?"

"It's almost like the devil himself tries to stop her life!"

And this is when it finally hit me. I never was in France. Right now, the doctors are fighting for my life. And the devil tries to get me to the sky. Then who are those people?

And as if they heard me, the family turned their heads to me and started running to us. The guy was the first to come. He raised his hand and immediately the devil vanished.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. He was close enough and i could finally admire his features. He reminded me of someone... But who?

The couple soon reached us too. "Son, is she okay?" The mother asked. He nodded. They just kept staring at me and i couldn't understand what was happening.

"So she's the one?" The woman asked her husband.
He nodded.

"The one? I'm sorry?" I asked.

The woman nodded. "Yes, the one. The one who will save him."

"Him? Could you please elaborate?"

The guy spoke, "Manjirou. Does it ring any bell?"

My eyes widened. "You mean M-Mikey? Sano Manjirou?"