.

.

"Did the lord send the knights to say what kind of cave to dig?"

A middle-aged man, who is laughing cheerfully as he sits down on a chair in the front yard, is the Condel's village chief, Feridan.

"It's been a while since I've seen a monster-class monster, so it's good to be careful in many ways."

"However, even if it is a monster level, it is just a mid-level Cadensha, so we don't have to do this."

The man clicks his tongue as if this is an overreaction.

"If the previous duke could see this, he would have laughed out loud. Why is your wall so small?"

Feridan turns his head toward the mountain range without saying a word to the sight of the man talking to himself.

"It's not that the appearance of intermediate monsters is the problem. The problem is that the mountains, which have been quiet the whole time, are shaking."

"I see. However, Condel Mountains are not originally an area where monsters often appear."

"......"

"It seems a bit extreme to tremble in fear with only Cadensha. Incompetent—"

"Carlos."

Ferdan, who calls out his name softly as if to block the man's words, turns his head slightly.

The village chief, who's always like a warm grandfather, quickly changes, and Carlos bites his lip to stop himself from talking, nodding his head.

"I'm sorry. It's because I don't want my daily life to be cluttered with trivial things."

"I know you haven't seen Cadensha in person either."

"Well, that's true."

He hasn't seen Cadensha in person, but he's heard rumors about it. It's at a level that even a few knights can defeat.

Still, it's been years since he's lived surrounded by demons.

Even though I haven't seen any Cadensha-class monsters.

Yes, it is not a beast.

"I think the knights are digging burrows. I think it's time to go and clear out the village by yourself."

Thinking that is the real way to protect them, Carlos hardens his face.

"Look."

Feridan glances at the man and points his chin toward the mountain.

"Isn't it unusual for the surrounding to be this quiet even in broad daylight without a single grasshopper or crow cawing?"

"...That."

"Something strange is going on."

With a serious expression on his face, he lifts his head.

Condel Mountains, which are like a large wall in front of them, are quiet even in the middle of the day without a single sunlight.

It's complete silence where the crows and beasts' cries are usually heard more than ten times a day have disappeared.

This phenomenon can only be explained by assuming that the spirit of the demons has become stronger.

"It's not that I'm complaining, but rather, I should thank His Excellency for such grace."

"But it's going to be a lot of trouble, old man."

"Would you think of it as cumbersome to save your child?"

Carlos quickly swallows his words at Feridan's statement, which refer to his children, who have just turned 10 and 8. He watches the village chief's back.

"Cadensha likes children."

"......"

"Don't forget that."

Feridan, who closes his eyes as if the terrible tragedy is being portrayed before his eyes, places his arms behind his back.

Carlos bows his head belatedly at the traces of the deep-rooted wounds.

"I was not thinking."

"It's okay."

Feridan turns around and smiles at Carlos.

"Think of it as fortunate that it is not an order to leave the village, but just to cooperate with the knights. It's better if you dig a hole for each person to go into."

Feridan turns his gaze back to the mountain range and lets out a long sigh.

"Is that person over there?"

"Who are you?"

Feridan and Carlos are surprised to see a woman coming out of the tree branch as their eyes widen.

Her blue eyes tremble with anxiety. She has her silver hair tied up roughly. They both take in a deep breath at her mysterious eyes.

"Is this the entrance to Condel Mountains?"

The woman, who wipes the sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand, breathes heavily with a bright smile.

.

.

.

.

T/N: My first thought was

Like it cannot be a coincident that the mountains became quiet and outta nowhere, Abigail appears like

Like it cannot be a coincident that the mountains became quiet and outta nowhere, Abigail appears like... uh...I'm calling it now but here comes Abigail to fuck shit up somehow. I could just feel it in my bones y'all, like she about to get some people kill. I just don't trust her y'all even though she has done absolutely nothing to deserve my hate lmaooo

The fact that she will join hand with dumbass Kyle and get my himbo killed is enough to make me blacklist her for all eternity

The fact that she will join hand with dumbass Kyle and get my himbo killed is enough to make me blacklist her for all eternity. It's my rule and I said so.

P.S. I'm so glad the plot is finally moving. Like bring all the players in so I can see them all dieeeee