Chapter 11 - Looking back to the first tear

Start from the beginning

Mike said while agreeing with her question, "Yeah Knuckles. How long have you noticed?"

JJ asked, "Also are you the only one in the group who noticed?"

Knuckles nodded and answered with worry, "Yeah I am the only one who noticed Sonics behavior. I first noticed it when about after the whole evil Dr. Orbot attack. Dr. Eggman came back when we stopped laughing and he also brought his obliterater-bot and also saying something about it being stronger than before. We fought like usual but all of us but Sonic got stunned. We were about to get blasted but that's when it happened. I don't know how but I noticed something set off Sonic. He wasn't fighting like he normally did but..."

he trailed off thinking of the time.

<flashback>

When Sonic closed his eyes tight, tears stream down his face.

Before he opened them with sorrow and anger. He looked to his friends that were about to be blasted but Sonic sped towards it and spindashed very hard.

As he did so the blast hit the ground. Eggman whined and yelled, "WHY YOU BLUE PEST!?! YOUR GOING TO PAY FOR THAT!!"

He kept on yelling in anger about how he will defeat him and his friends one day and he will rule the whole world.

Though in Sonics deepest thoughts he can hear a more malevolent voice mocking him and laughing at him. Though the angry shouting was cut off when Sonic spindashed Eggman off his Eggmobile.

Then spindashed Eggman more hard than ever. He then spindashed Eggman to a nearby tree brutally and shouted, "SSSHHUUTT UUPP!!"

Sonic stood before he angrily howls before beating Eggman so hard to give him bruises. Knuckles watched the whole thing while the other three just groaned and helped each other up.

With no time to loose Knuckles rushed to Sonic and stopped him by grabbing him as he said, "Sonic stop! That's enough we won!"

Thats when he turned Sonic around before he gasped with his eyes widened at what he saw. He sees Sonic breathing heavily with tears in his eyes.

Knuckles let out a light gasped at what he's looking at. Sonic then shouted as he closed his eyes while crying, "WHY NOW?! I CAN'T STAND TO SEE PEOPLE GET HURT BECAUSE OF ME!"

Sonic ran off crying while covering his face. Knuckles couldn't believe what he saw before glaring at Eggman and said in a low angered tone, "Eggman?!? What did you do?!"

The evil doctor said, "Hey I'm not the one who was beating me up. Besides it's funny seeing Sonic running off like a big baby."

He laughed before Knuckles punched him to stop. Knuckles asked again, "I am not asking again... WHAT DID YOU DO!?"

Eggman's nose started to bleed before he said, "Look I-I-I didn't do anything!"

Knuckles then bellowed as he grabbed Eggman by the shirt, pulled him close with an angered snarled, "I AM NOT PLAYING EGGMAN!! I KNOW YOU DID SOMETHING TO HIM OR HE WOULDN'T FREAK OUT LIKE THAT!! NOW TELL ME WHAT DID YOU DO OR I WILL...!"

Orbot then protested, "Whoa whoa! He's telling the truth for once."

Knuckles muttered, "I don't believe that."

Then Knuckles punched him in the nose so hard that he broke it.

Knuckles then let's go of the evil doctor and said angrily, "If I ever catch you making Sonic cry again, I will not hesitate to break your bones one by one. I maybe stupid but it doesn't mean I don't know how people feel. Especially Sonic. Oh by the way..."

Knuckles punched Eggmans face a third time before he said, "May wanna see a doctor cause I punched you in the face so hard I broke your nose. I don't regret it for what you did to Sonic."

Cubot said in confusion, "You seem to care about Sonic lately." Knuckles walked off to see if Sonic was alright and said, "Just go jump in the dump Cubot."

<flashback ends>

Knuckles finished explaining, "After I walked off from Eggman I found Sonic sitting on a big rock in the jungle. He seemed fine but I can tell he wasn't."

JJ looked at him and said, "Knuckles. We all know you have been thinking of Sonic more than just a mere best friend since the day you first started to care about him after he got those horrible scratch-marks. You also and completely started to realized you have a crush on him since he stood up to Charlie for you."

Mike and Denise nodded and said, "We Agree." Knuckles looked away and blushed and said, "T-That's beside the point."

Denise then said to Mike, "Oh by the way. I heard Sonic got himself a new friend." Mike replied, "Oh yeah I saw her the other day."

JJ then added to the conversation, "Yeah. She's really classy but has the personality Sonic would find in a woman."

Thats when they see Sonic and Alya running in the village for a race laughing. Mike and JJ looked at each other before Denise said, "She sure is pretty." Mike added to the conversation, "Not to mention nicely dressed."

JJ then looks at Knuckles who had a jealous look on his face. JJ said, "I don't think mister big and tough is pleased about the cute looking temptress stealing his dearest blue heart away from him."

Knuckles growled and muttered, "How dare she steal my Sonic from me?!" JJ and Mike muttered, "We can hear you ya know."

Denise whispered to Mike, "Dad? I think he's jealous." Mike whispered back, "Yeah I think so too Denise."