Unexpected discovery

"Elara... Why don't you calm down?" Zarkon chuckled nervously.

"Calm down? You want me to calm down?! Two years have passed and you may have put another baby in me after we agreed not have anymore and you want me to calm down?!" She screamed at him.

"Well... You're acting a little... Murderous." He said.

"I'm going to go to Ulaz. NO- I'm dragging you with me so that if I find out I'm pregnant yet again you'll see immediate medical attention after what I'll do to you." She growled.

"Ok-" Zarkon squeaked. 

They went to Ulaz and Zarkon couldn't look at her once but he felt her angry glare on him. Ulaz felt awkward but nonetheless did what he had to do.

"What are your symptoms?" Ulaz asked the very angry female.

"Nausea, headaches, cravings, and the urge to maim the one responsible." She replied not taking her gaze off of Zarkon who was sweating.

"Mood swings..." He whispered.

"I can see that." Ulaz muttered.

"When was the last time you- you know." Ulaz asked awkwardly.

"A month ago." Zarkon said. 

"Ok. That's enough information to guess that you may be pregnant again. A scan will determine it for sure so lay perfectly still." Ulaz said.

She laid still as the scanner went over her stomach a few times an stopped on her lower abdomen.

"Oh lord..." Elara sighed.

"You're pregnant. Exactly four weeks along." Ulaz said.

"Well that's that." She sighed.

"One more thing just stay seated because it's unexpected." Ulaz said.

Elara sat up, getting a little nervous and Zarkon, still terrified of her, still put a hand on her shoulder to calm her nerves.

"There's two." Ulaz said, showing them a picture of two black masses in her scan.

"Twins?" Elara gasped.

"It makes sense. Elara's a twin." Zarkon said.

"I never thought I'd have twins... Not after having four separately before this." She said.

"Are they healthy?" Zarkon asked.

"Very. However, twin pregnancy and delivery is hard. Harder than a single pregnancy. The kits will likely be born a bit premature and will have to stay in a NICU until they're able to breathe on their own." Ulaz said.

"Ok..." Elara said nervously.

She wasn't mad anymore, she was nervous. Her mother always told her about how difficult it was carrying twins and it scares her.

The two went back to their room and Elara was clearly scared. Zarkon, knowing how she is after eight years of marriage, noticed instantly.

"You're scared. Don't be. You'll be fine. Perfectly fine. You can handle this because I'll be here to help you. You're not alone." He said, sitting right next to her.

"My mother told me about how difficult it was for her. Twin pregnancy is considered high risk. She almost died delivering me and Sendak. I'm just nervous about what can happen to me. What if I die? You'll be alone with the kids. Them what happens I-" she said.

"Stop. You're going to be ok. You're stronger than you think. I've seen how strong. You went through 5 hours of contractions and didn't even break a sweat in the middle of a wedding. I didn't even know. That says a lot because I'm very attached to you. I'm practically just another child. But that wouldn't make any sense because I banged you and look where we're at. Anyway, I'll be here for you because I love you and I have no idea what I'd do if I lost you. I would lose all sanity and go insane without you." He said, making her laugh a little.

"I can't stay mad at you." She chuckled.

"Of course you can't. I'm a handsome devil." He huffed, smirking deviously.

"That's true however you don't beat me when it comes to looks." She said.

"You're right..." He mumbled.

"I'm sorry what was that? Say it a little louder I couldn't hear you." She jokes.

He threw himself back on the bed and started snoring. She laughed and knew how to 'wake him up.'

"Hm well if you're asleep I guess I'll just have to go shower by myself." She teased and darted off to the private bathroom.

"Me too?!" He yelped, leaping to his feet.

She thought she got him good until she remembered she forgot to lock the door.