The nursery

Another month went by and Elara is two months away from giving birth. Zarkon was currently putting their son's nursery together.

Elara is in the 'nesting' phase. All pregnant Galran women went into the phase at some point. She had somehow managed to get loads of blankets for her unborn little prince. Zarkon was so over the endless blankets that he made her promise she wouldn't get anymore.

Lies

She was sneaking into the nursery while he had his back turned away from the doors. She was pretty sneaky for being six months pregnant.

All went well until...

"If you have more blankets I might lose it." Zarkon sighed an annoyance, not even turning around.

"Uh... I don't have anything." She said nervously, putting the blankets in the nursery closet.

"Hm... If you say so. However you know you're not supposed to be in here until the nursery is done." Zarkon said seriously, standing upon front of her.

"But lovey! I just wanted to see how our son's nursery!" She whined.

"When it's done you'll see it." He said gently, so he doesn't accidentally start a war with the pregnant woman.

"But-!" She was about to protest.

"No buts. I would have loved for you to help but you're 6 months pregnant. I don't want you getting hurt." He said.

"I guess you have a point..." She huffed.

"I really do know go rest your legs. I will catch you when the nursery is done." He said, a grin appearing on his face.

She sighed and left the room so he could decorate and finish the nursery to surprise her.

About two hours later the nursery was done. Elara walked back in and was amazed by her husband's work.

"It's perfect..." She whispered happily, pecking her husband's cheek.

"Anything for you and our family." He said and kissed her forehead.