Untimely surprise

Elara is 27 weeks pregnant, six months, and she realized that poor Allegra, eight years old, hadn't spent much bonding time with her. She loves Allegra dearly, they've been through a lot together so of course their bond is unbreakable.

The two chatted in Zarkon and Elara's bedroom because Elara couldn't walk around much without getting winded.

"Have you picked out names with dad yet?" Allegra asked her mother.

"Not yet. He figured that we blurt something out when they're born." Elara said with a slight chuckle.

"Why not think of names now?" Allegra suggested.

"Sure why not." Elara said.

"So I like the name Athena, like grandma." Allegra said.

"Give Grandma Helgara some love too." Elara joked.

"Helthena?" Allegra chirped.

"Ooh. I like that name." Elara said with a smile.

"It's a cute name huh?" Allegra said with a big smile.

"Just as cute as you. I can't believe you're eight years old now. It seems you were a tiny baby just yesterday." Elara whined, missing the days Allegra was s tiny little furball.

"Time flies when you're happy mom." Allegra chuckled.

The girls talked for hours until it was around dinner time. Allegra helped her mom get up and lord behold...

Her water broke.