Awake

Once again, Zarkon sat in the medbay beside his wife, her hand in his. He was beginning to lose hope. She was seemingly slipping away. He knew that she could no longer suffer. He made up his mind.

"Ulaz... Let her go." He muttered to the medic.

"Are you certain?" Ulaz queried.

"I can't let her continue to suffer." He said sadly.

"Very well..." Ulaz said.

"I'm sorry angel... I tried to protect you and failed." Zarkon said while holding her hand against her face.

Ulaz eventually removed everything from her. That meant she was off of life support. She was gone...

Zarkon was so emotionally exhausted he had nothing left to even cry but he was destroyed.

He sat there, staring at her, wishing he could have saved her.

Ulaz gave him time to mourn alone so he left to do other things in his office.

Zarkon was just about to go but he then felt a squeeze around his hand and thought it was just  the denial.

He let go of her hand and walked toward the exit but was stopped in his tracks when he heard a deep exhale. He whipped around to see Elara's ears twitching and her eyes about to open so he bolted over to her.

She finally opened her eyes and looked up at him.

"Zarkon?" She groaned.

He said nothing and smooched her which caught her off guard.

"Don't leave me again." He said and hugged.

"W-What happened?" She asked, not remembering anything.

"Honerva attacked you two weeks ago. You were put on life support because the attack was so brutal." He explained.

"Two weeks ago... Our baby! Did I lose the baby? Please tell me they're ok!" She panicked after seeing her much smaller belly.

"Shh... calm down. She's fine." Zarkon said, rubbing her shoulder.

"She? We have another daughter?" She asked.

"Yes and she is right over there in the medical nursery. I'll go get her so you can meet her." Zarkon said and went to get his youngest child.

After a few moments, Elara finally had her baby girl in her arms, little Leara could sense that this was her mother and imprinted instantly, falling asleep in her arms.

"What'd you name her?" Elara said.

"I wanted her name to honor you so I named her Leara." Zarkon said.

Elara kind of teared up a little and smiled at her husband.

"I love it. I love her and I love you " she sniffled.

"Likewise angel..."

Soon after that. Ulaz came on and was baffled however he did check Elara's vitals and she was in perfect shape, however het injuries were still healing and very painful so all she needed was rest.