Losing faith

Elara left the palace a year ago. She was accompanied by Audax and Allegra. She and Zarkon were showing no signs of possible reconciliation.

When the rest of the family found out about their separation they were mortified. Gnedra was three months pregnant at the time when her brother broke the news to her which was four months ago. She and Blaytz had a baby boy. Gnedra was absolutely mortified.

At the moment, Elara was relaxing with her kids. Eleven year old Allegra was watching something on her holopad while one year old Audax played with his mother's tail.

Elara was relaxed but uneasy at the same time. She hoped that the separation was temporary but deep down she knew that her marriage was over.

She wanted to believe that her kids would have two happy parents but it wasn't looking that way so far.

"You ok mom?" Allegra asked out of nowhere, snapping Elara out of her thinking daze.

"Yeah I'm fine." She said.

"No you're not. What's wrong mom?" Allegra said, knowing how mother is, she knows that her mom is hurting. Elara sighed, knowing she couldn't lie to Allegra.

"I just feel lost. I don't know how to feel about this whole separation ordeal. I'm relieved that we aren't arguing anymore but I don't want this family to fall apart. You and your siblings deserve better. You're all such good kids." Elara said.

"If your father and I could've just stopped fighting we wouldn't be in this situation right now." Elara said, guilt consuming her.

"Mom please stop feeling so bad. Couples fight. Nothing is ever perfect." Allegra said, now feeling bad for her mom.

"I know but I just wanted you to have a family. Your life was never easy. It started out messy. Now it's falling apart all over again. I'm sorry princess." Elara sighed sadly.

"It's ok mom. But do you think there's a chance you and dad might get back together?" Allegra asked.

"Honey... We've been apart for a year... I honestly don't think so." Elara said. It felt like a knife stabbed her through the heart.

"Oh... Ok." Allegra said, crumbling sadly a little bit.

Elara really tried as a mother to give her children a good childhood.

"I'm sorry honey, I tried to give you all a good life. All my efforts are now in vain..."