Open eyes

It was late at night about a week after Koltor's birth. Elara and Zarkon were in bed with their son who Zarkon was cradling in his arms. He never expected paternal instinct to kick in th way or did. The moment he heard Koltor's first cry at birth, his instincts kicked in out of the blue. His relationship with stepdaughter Allegra is no different even though he wasn't at her birth for obvious reasons.

"I'm dying to see who's eyes he has." Zarkon sighed, watching his son snuggle against his bare chest because daddy macho man sleeps shirtless much to Elara's secret joy.

"So am I. If he has your eyes, he'll practically be your clone, except the incubator was me." Elara said, leaning against her husband's shoulder.

"Come on Elara you know you are more than that. You're my queen." Zarkon purred and nuzzled the top of her head since he towers over her, standing or not.

"I can't even describe how much I love you right now." She purred back.

"Right now? What about every other moment?" He asked jokingly.

"You know what I meant." She giggled.

"Of course I do. You let me put a baby in you, that's enough explanation for me." He smirked.

"That's enough, not in front of the baby." Elara said seriously.

"Ok, I'll stop." He said.

After a while they noticed Koltor was rubbing his eyes and yawning. They immediately got excited.

"Is he?-" Zarkon asked.

"Yes! Look!" Elara squeaked.

Koltor yawned and finally opened his eyes, revealing black irises, pupils, and golden sclera.

"He has your eyes. " Zarkon said to his wife happily.

"Hi buddy. I'm your mommy." Elara purred at her son who looked directly at her before turning to Zarkon.

"Hello little one. I'm your daddy." Zarkon said to his tiny son.

"He's precious." Elara whispered. All Zarkon could do was agree.

"He is perfect. Our little prince."