.

.

After taking Falcon up on his offer to guide me through the mansion, I lie down on the sofa in the salon.

Being in an unfamiliar space and with people different from Lapel, I feel like I'm reliving the feelings I had when I first became Abella.

Of course, by the time I get used to it, I will be back at the estate.

"Hah—"

Knock, knock.

I turn my head toward the sound, along with a sigh from my frustrated heart.

"Come in."

Assuming that Pope has finished unpacking my things, I get up and see Leo standing with his silver hair tucked through the crack in the open door, blinking his purple eyes.

"Your Grace?"

He's still adorable with his head sticking out like that.

Ugh!

It feels like the stress that has been building up all the way to my neck is being swept away in an instant.

So cute!

Not only does my stress go away, I actually feel better.

"Leo!"

When I motion for him to come in, Leo, who shrinks his shoulders, steps inside.

It's so cute that the child is crawling, being unfamiliar with this space, so I jump up from my seat.

I got bitten by Falcon and feel so weak that I'm unable to do anything. However, there's nothing hard about seeing Leo.

"Was it hard coming here?"

"No! It was not difficult at all as I rode in a carriage with Pope-nim."

Leo shakes his head and his hair sways softly.

I especially like Pope's expression.

"Really?"

If he had been there, it wouldn't be hard, would it?

"Did you have a hard time?"

"Yes."

"Why? Weren't you with His Excellency?"

"What?"

I want to say it's not like that.

It's impossible to lie in front of Leo.

"Yes, I'm uncomfortable with him."

I just smile awkwardly and nod.

If he asks why, what should I say?

Let's use my head and come up with the most plausible story.

"I see."

Leo nods, looking at me.

"You must have had a hard time.

Hmm? Why does it seem like Leo is offering an empty consolation?

"Why aren't you asking me?"

I tilt my head.

"What?"

"Why?"

"It's just that, you'll have a hard time answering."

Has he finally understood the word 'troubled'?

Ha—How far does this child's consideration and cuteness go?

"What did our Leo do on the way here?"

Keeping eye contact with Leo, who doesn't want to bother me any more, I squat down in front of him.
At that moment, the child's face is a mixture of emotions such as happiness and joy.

"Oh, that's it. Uh..."

Leo stutters as if his mouth cannot keep with the speed of his thoughts.

"Slowly."

I then take the child's hand.

He then smacks his lips and swallows his breath.

"Uh, I played word chain with Pope-nim because she told me to. We also did rock, paper, and scissors. We also sang as well."

He says in one long breath. It seems that the trip was quite enjoyable.

'Oooh, did you have fun?'

"Yes!"

(Laughs)

Cute.

"It must have been fun, Leo."

"It was really fun. Pope-nim gave me a lot of delicious food, too!"

"Y-Yes."

Ha—Pope's place should have been mine. I had a hard time coming here with Charles.

Whenever I sit face to face with Charles, I'm always caught up in complicated thoughts, but when I am with Leo, all my troubles seem to disappear, making me happy.

My lovely healing potion.

I have to play with Leo today.

"Leo, have you finished visiting the mansion?"

"No."

"Then, do you want to go see the mansion with me?"

"But, today is difficult. I think I will have to go tomorrow."

'Hmm? What do you mean?'

'Don't you want to go play with me?'

I blink my eyes in embarrassment.

"No, it's not that I hate going out with you."

Knock, knock.

Leo smiles, pointing to the door with his index finger at the sound of a knock following his urgent remark.

"The maid is here."

"..."

"It's Ellie Mami's family."

Oh—

It is the first time I heard of it, so I raise my voice towards the door.

"Come in."

As soon as I see a little plump woman who enters,

"Oh!"

Even if I hadn't listened to Leo, I would have known at a glance that she's Ergel's family.

"Hello, Your Grace. My name is Anna Thierre."

I'm surprised that Anna, who smiles warmly and bows deeply, resembles the real Ergel so much.

She really looks just like Ergel.

Leo glances up at me and grins as if he has heard my inner heart.

"My name is Abella Diago."

I also slightly lower my head.

"I look forward to your kind cooperation, Anna."

.

.

.

.

T/N: We are finally getting that fake-couple act so I'm hoping that she's gonna finally admit her feelings because we're at the cusp of chapter 100 and so far, all I got is Abella denser than bag of rocks while Charles out here giving her his best game and getting nothing in return T^T My dumb boi