Endless Horizon

The following day, Cie Cie and her family drove to their weekend home.

Her parents are both in relaxation mode. Her mother even invited her to a pampering session.

While in the steam room, her mother opened up a sensitive topic, Tonz Gamboa.

"I heard that Tonz drove you home, is that true?"

"Yes mama, he's also at the party, Nicolo asked him to drive me home." she lied. She can't tell her about Nicolo's trick.

"Is he courting you?"

"No mama, we're just friends."

"Is that the party hosted by senator Almeida's son?"

"Yes mama."

"That silly boy, I almost reported him to the police. Always following us during that Mediterranean cruise last Christmas."

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"No need to apologize, you can't help it if you got my genes." her mother smiled.

"Don't let papa hear you say that, he will definitely react."

"Your papa and his jokes. He fell for this beauty 25 years ago."

"And he still looks at you as if it's the first time."

"Yeah, he still does. I hope you find someone who will cherish you my Jacinda."

"Papa will make sure it doesn't happen anytime soon."

"I'm sure you feel that we're overprotective, but trust me, when that someone stands up for you, and will be man enough to face your papa and I, we will surely give our blessing."

"I don't know mama, I feel like I can't love someone if I'm not whole yet. I need to find the old Jacinda first."

"Cie Cie, you can never bring back the old you, but you can have a better version of you."

"Thank you mama, I'll keep that in mind. I miss this. Us, bonding and just talking."

"I missed you too. Please just enjoy, don't take things too seriously, there's life outside theater, or showbiz rather. You're still young, there is so much ahead of you."

"I know mama, and thank you for letting me go back to my passion. Don't worry, if I need help, I'll definitely ask for it."

After their pampering sesh and heart to heart talk, Cie Cie decided to ride her Vespa. She rode around the village and took pictures. Aside from acting, she's also into photography. She turned to this hobby when she's healing from the past.

It is nearly dusk when she took a photo of the horizon. She feel small but determined to make her mark.