Love Sick, Still Pretty

Arriving at their townhouse, Tonz checked his phone for any messages, but there is none. She's probably sleeping in the car, he said to himself.

He checked on his sister, who's in the den, but instead of reviewing, she's in her phone. That's weird, Manang Abby is very focused on studying, she rarely take a break. He shrugged it off, maybe it's just her friends from law school.

He went to his room to take a shower, he concentrated on his readings and did some papers. He still hasn't receive a message from her. He's getting antsy again, he really need to check if she's OK.

Ring... Ring... Ring...

"Hello?" her voice sounded raspy.

"Hey, it's me. Are you home na?"

"Yeah, sorry I wasn't able to message you. I..."

"Are you sick?"

"It's just a headache, I also feel tired. I'll just take a rest."

"OK, please take care, sweet dreams."

"Thanks Tonz!" she tried to sound cheerful.

He finished his paper before going to the kitchen. His sister is in the kitchen, drinking some coffee.

"Hi Manang! How's the review?"

"It's good, I'm trying to relax a bit since the exams start next week. How about you?"

"I'm catching up with some readings and papers, we have a dubbing session by next week. But it's OK, I'm enjoying things."

"Sus, you enjoy being with Cie Cie period. By the way, how is she?"

"She's quiet stressed with the thesis. She's resting daw, sobrang napagod na kasi." he explained.

"Ay updated. So, where did you go earlier?"

"Are you fishing Manang? Sino kausap mo sa phone kanina?"

"A friend, ikaw saan ka nga galing?"

"Out with some friends."

"Hay naku, you'll tell me naman eventually, that's for sure." she said.

"What do you want for dinner Manang?"

"I want some burger please."

"OK, I'll just make some calls. You can go ahead and order."

"Daya nauutusan pa, this is libre, right?"

"Yes po. Double cheeseburger, large fries and chicken nuggets for me."

He went back to his room. Still no messages. He called her again.

"Hi, it's me again. Do you want some fruits or soup?"

"Hi, sorry nakatulog na pala ako. No worries, the maids will be sending me dinner naman."

"Can we VC? I just want to see if you are OK."

"Last time I checked, your major is Polsci, not medicine." she tried to joke.

"Please, I just want to see you."

"Ayan na, I look like a mess." she said shyly.

"Of course not. You still look pretty. Maybe you're just love sick, coz you miss me."

"Grabe, lakas ng aircon ata."

"I really wish I was there, so I can take care of you." he said sincerely.

"Thank you, thank you. I know you want to, and I really appreciate that."

"And thank you for letting me be this close to you."

Silence...

"Hey, someone's knocking na, maybe it's my dinner. I got to go na."

"Eat well, take some medicines and rest."

"Thank you, I will. Bye."

"Goodnight, my Jacinda."