Real Talk

Jacinda couldn't speak. She contemplated and carefully chose her words.

"In a different world, maybe, maybe my answer will be yes." she said sincerely.

"Thank you, it means a lot to me. Bumalik na ata yung self confidence ko." he joked.

"Ay nawawala ba? Parang hindi naman, fishing ka nga kanina pa eh." she joked back.

"If you only knew, tama pala si Josh, nangfi-friendzone ka."

"Ay grabe naman yun. Si Josh chismoso din eh."

"Did Josh tried to court you?" he asked seriously.

"Not really, you know Josh, parang si Nicolo din, friendly with all the ladies. He just asked if I want to grab lunch with him."

"What did you say?" he was really curious.

"I said, we can go with our other classmates, have lunch as friends." she explained.

"So exception ako?" he smugly asked.

"Bakit naman?"

"Kasi we go out di ba, just the two of us."

"As friends din yun."

"Ouch, grabe ka na talaga. You're not good for my self confidence you know that?"

"Haist, guys can be assuming talaga. That's why I don't entertain suitors eh. If you allowed them to court you, they will assume that you're already boyfriend and girlfriend."

"So what do you prefer?"

"Dating lang siguro. Kasi when you court someone, you put your best foot forward. In dating, you get to know each other better."

"Fair point, we have the same thoughts actually."

"But I have a few rules if ever I decided that I will date someone."

"What are those rules exactly?"

"Friends talaga kayo ni Josh noh?"

"For reference lang. Ito naman."

"Ano ko, review of related lit?"

"Uy thesis related pa din ang jokes."

She sipped her coffee. He was just staring at her, admiring her beauty. When will he see her look at him, with eyes full of love?

"Tonz, Tonz, I was asking if you're good na. It will get dark soon, babalik ka pa sa QC."

"Yeah, we will bill out na din. Are you good na? I'll buy a cake for your mom pala."

"She will like that cheesecake. Thanks!"

They drove to Antipolo. They were infront of a gated subdivision. The guard let them in when she showed them her ID. They were driving on a boulevard, with huge identical trees on both side. This place is definitely a weekend haven of the rich and famous. The rolling hills on the other side, and the golf course on the other screamed wealth. Even the breeze smelled like millions. No wonder her family opted to stay here on the weekends. He saw a few cars passed them by, some were Ferraris and Mustang. He felt like he was in Beverly hills instead of Antipolo. She asked him to take a right. They were infront of another gate. This part seems more exclusive, and the houses, mansions rather, are much grander.

They drove in a cul de sac, they were infront of a huge gate of an estate with a Mediterranean design. The guard checked them, but when he saw Cie Cie, he immediately opened the gates.