Driving Me Crazy

Cie Cie was interrupted by a classmate. She was ushered back to their room. Tonz was disappointed, but it was turned to relief when he saw Kelv's message:

From: Kelvin (4POL1)
Hi batch mates, forwarding to you the message of AB Faculty.

"Please be informed that morning classes will be suspended due to an emergency meeting..."

He wasn't able to read the later part of the message because he saw students getting out of their respective rooms. He waited for Cie Cie. She's still with some thesis mates discussing some revisions.

Richie saw him,"You owe me one Gamboa. Did you manage to patch things up?"

"Thanks Rich! Yaan mo bawi ako next time. Hindi pa nga eh."

"Pasalamat ka, boto kami sayo. Pero seriously, Jacinda needs someone patient and understanding. As her friend, I can see na she's doing better now. Kaya sana maayos nyo yan."

"Thanks talaga. Pag OK na, papa milk tea talaga ako."

"Sus, kaya favorite ka ng 4CA2 eh. Lahat kami nililigawan mo."

"Hindi pa ako nanliligaw" he said shyly.

"Ay, hindi pa ba? Naku sana bago tayo mag graduate manligaw ka na. Baka buffet na ipadala mo, hahaha..."

After they bid their goodbyes, she saw Cie Cie came up to him.

"Carpark?" he said.

"OK."

Since he already bought food, they opted to eat it in his car. He asked if he can turn on the sounds, she said OK.

After they enjoyed their snack, silence enveloped them. You can only hear Ariana Grande's POV in the background.

"I..." they both said at the same time.

"Uhmm, go ahead." he said.

"I'm also sorry, I didn't know how to tell you, but I got offended last Saturday. I heard you talking with your friends, about us, and I honestly don't know what to feel."

"OK maybe, just maybe you misunderstood."

"Yeah, I guess when I heard friends and showbiz, it just didn't sit well with me."

"Jacinda, we're friends, partners even. And what we have is a genuine friendship that goes beyond showbiz. I know some people may misinterpret what we have, but I know, both of us feels the realness of it." he said sincerely, he grabbed both of her hands and continued, "Maybe you still have doubts, but look at me in the eyes, do you trust me Cie Cie?"

"Yes Tonz. I do, I mean I trust you. Sorry for overreacting. I just feel overwhelmed of it all I guess. And this will not be the last time, but please bear with me."

"I know, just promise that we can talk first. It's easier that way, better than racking my brains for the whole weekend coz I didn't receive any message from you." he said while pouting.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, driving you crazy and all."

"Apology accepted but, can we go somewhere else. I don't have classes na at ikaw rin. Or you have a meeting pa?"

"Thank you and wala na ding meeting. Where to?"

"Ikaw bahala."

"Can I drive?"