The Lecture

After coffee, Jacinda decided to call it a night. A black car waited outside. Tonz assumed that she booked a Grab. She hurriedly bid him goodbye. She left the book that she was reading. Tonz decided to keep it, he planned to return it on Monday. He drove his car, still thinking about her.

Meanwhile, Jacinda was talking on the phone, her mother is furious once again.

"This is becoming a habit Jacinda! Kailangan ba lagi kang hahanapin? Ang tagal naghintay ng driver mo sa ACZ..."

"I'm sorry Ma."

"Nakauwi na ang dad mo, mag-uusap tayo mamaya."

"Ok po." she sighned. How can she tell them about the offer?

She arrived at their home a quarter before 12. The maid ushered her to the office. Both her parents are sitted on the each end of the conference table. She greeted them good evening, but no one replied. She opted to take the seat in the middle. Hands on the her lap, head bowed down, waiting for the lecture.

Her mother spoke first, "Where have you been Jacinda?"

"From my ojt mama..."

"Sa tingin mo talaga maniniwala kami? Your driver called in panic, wala ka daw sa ACZ. Good thing we tracked you. Paano kung napahamak ka?"

"I'm sorry ma..."

"Sorry? Pero paulit-ulit mong ginagawa, how can we trust you?"

"I just want an alone time ma, I just need to process something."

"Then tell us anak, hindi yung nawawala ka na lang bigla! We're your family, please let us in." her mother said while tears are pouring her beautiful Castillan face.

Her dad stood up to comfort her mom, he spoke to Jacinda with an authoritative voice, "Stop making it hard for us Jacinda. If you want your freedom, make sure that you know how to deal with it. You should be responsible for yourself! Just tell us what you want, para matahimik tayo lahat."

Silence. No one dared utter a word. Only the ticking of the clock can be heard. Jacinda knew that it's now or never, so she unceremoniously dropped the bomb, "I want to pursue acting again..."