An Important Decision

Odessa can't focus on her meetings. She is preoccupied with Project: Perfect Loveteam. The bosses are becoming more impatient each day, especially after the surveys show that the new loveteam of the rival network is now slowly making waves.

She feels helpless, their project depends on the decision of a seventeen years old former theater actress.

Her assistant, Mackie, whispered to her. "Ms. Dessa, Jacinda came in the office. She would like to speak with you. Should I ask her to wait in conference room B?"

She was surprised, it's only Monday, did Jacinda already came up with a decision?

"Sure, kindly ask her to wait. I'll join her shortly."

She excused herself from the meeting, upon entering, she was, surprised to see that Jacinda was accompanied by her mother, the famous, Helena Ortega-Martinez.

"Good afternoon, my apologies for keeping you. I didn't realize that you'll be joining us today, Mrs. Martinez."

"I'm sorry, I know we're not properly introduced, I'm Mrs. Helena Ortega-Martinez, but you can call me Helen. I apologize for coming here unannounced."

"I'm really sorry Ms. O, my mother insisted that she accompany me today."

"No problem dear. I'm Odessa Montano, head of the talent arm of ACZ. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise.We just came here to discuss the project that you've been planning."

"Oh the project, I believe Jacinda asked your opinion regarding that."

"Yes and she said that she wanted to do it, but we disagree. We know that this is a huge opportunity, but the risks are far greater. We just want to protect our daughter."

Odessa felt as if blood drained from her face, normally, she would have gone ballistic, but she kept her cool. She needed Jacinda in this project, and she won't have it any other way.

"Helen, I know you are worried, but rest assure that we will also protect Jacinda. And that talent shouldn't be kept, it should be honed. I promise that we will stay as lowkey as possible. She also said that she'll be graduating, I already talked to the bosses, and they agreed to move the launch by 2nd quarter."

Jacinda spoke,"Mama, please, I would love to act again..."

Helen sighed, she touched her daughter's hand, "Is this really what you want?"

Jacinda nodded, "Please mama, I just want another chance."

"Ok, but we have conditions..."