Sunsets And Slow Drives

Two coffees and a box of donut later, Tonz asked Cie Cie if she want to go somewhere. She said that she wanted to see the sunset, so they decided to go to MOA. He asked if she already informed her mom that she'll be late. She said that she already did. He hasn't met her mom personally, but they were able to talk on the phone. He really wanted to drive Cie Cie home, especially when they finish  workshops late, but she always decline.

Since traffic is starting to build up, he was driving slowly. But he kept checking his watch, he don't want her disappointed, they need to see the sunset.

She doesn't seem to mind, she's taking in the scenery, the ever busy Quiapo, students struggling to get a UV in Lawton, people walking at baywalk.

"I think this is the first time that I'll see sunset in MOA." she said, breaking the silence. He stared at her, she's smiling.

"Maybe you should take a selfie, #MOAmoments." he joked.

"Nice idea. Maybe I should do that." 

To his surprise, she started snapping pictures. He really like this carefree version of her.

"Credits to me ah, galing ko gumawa ng hash tag."

"True, dapat social media manager ka ng MOA eh. Alam mo na career mo if ever ayaw mo mag law school."

"Pwede haha, pero try ko muna mag artista, baka sumikat eh."

"Lakas ng aircon, paki-hinaan po."

"Sus, baka maging number 1 fan pa kita."

"I'll think about it. Baka pag may free movie tickets pwede. Admin pa ko ng fans club."

"Sige nga, anong pwedeng name ng supporters ko?"

"Tonatics, Tonators, Toninis..."

"Wag na nga, puro ka joke eh."

"Tampo yan?"

"Hmp..."

"Sige next time, pag-iisipan ko muna."

He smiled. This girl really knows how to get him. After battling a traffic jam, they arrived in MOA with some little time to spare.

Tonz bought tickets for the MOA Eye. She looked excited to see Manila's famous sunset.